• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have 4 fields in the account object that disclose the following:

Product: (multi-select pick list) which correlates to a product pick list in the case object

POD: This is a group that is assigned to the account. There is a queue created for each "POD"

Member1: User lookup that is a member of the POD

Member2: User lookup that is a member of the POD

I would like to build a system that when a case is created and based on the account and product that's selected a decision will be made to assign to the correct queue based on the POD and product disclosed within the account. Also, in addition to the dynamic assignment rules, if the case is sev1  an email notification is sent to the members of the POD. I believe a trigger is the route to take instead of a workflow rule because of the scale. I'm looking at 20+ PODS with hundreds of account \ product combinations that will require case assignments to the queues. Also these combinations could change on a regular basis.

I have experience building workflow rules but no experience with APEX triggers. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I have 4 fields in the account object that disclose the following:

Product: (multi-select pick list) which correlates to a product pick list in the case object

POD: This is a group that is assigned to the account. There is a queue created for each "POD"

Member1: User lookup that is a member of the POD

Member2: User lookup that is a member of the POD

I would like to build a system that when a case is created and based on the account and product that's selected a decision will be made to assign to the correct queue based on the POD and product disclosed within the account. Also, in addition to the dynamic assignment rules, if the case is sev1  an email notification is sent to the members of the POD. I believe a trigger is the route to take instead of a workflow rule because of the scale. I'm looking at 20+ PODS with hundreds of account \ product combinations that will require case assignments to the queues. Also these combinations could change on a regular basis.

I have experience building workflow rules but no experience with APEX triggers. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.