• 25 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm sure I'm missing something. I've just started to try to learn how to use tab panels. I've used the very basic example in the guide:

<apex:page id="thePage">
   <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="name2" id="theTabPanel">
      <apex:tab label="One" name="name1" id="tabOne">content for tab one</apex:tab>
      <apex:tab label="Two" name="name2" id="tabTwo">content for tab two</apex:tab>
   </apex:tabPanel>
</apex:page>

I renders fine, but when the other tab is clicked on nothing happens. It won't change between tabs. Looking in the console there are 3 errors occuring.

• Object [object Object] has no method 'hasClassName'
  • Cannot call method 'replace' of undefined
  • Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

If it matters, this is in Chrome.

Thanks,

Kevin

When a user 'Saves' a Contact (for example), whether it's new or just updated, I need to:

1. Do an external callout using one of the Contact field values as a lookup
  2. Display the results of the callout, so the user can make a selection
  3. Update the Contact based on the user's selection
  4. Display the updated Contact

I have found two aproaches, but have reached a point in both that I need to resolve.

Trigger Based Method

• In the 'after' trigger pass the lookup string to a callback.
  • Update the Contact with the selection

Issues

• How do you pass the lookup string or results to a visualforce page to display the lookup results?
  • When the user makes the selection and the update has been done, how do I move back to the updated contact?

Override Base Method

I found a discussion here that seems to suggests using overriding & redirection to someone asking about 'Edit'. I think this could also be done with the 'Save' button.

Issue

• This is meant to be a deployable sollution, so I think that the override has to be set in code (I'm using the IDE) and not via Setup (or am I wrong?). I can't find out if this is possible or how to do it

Sorry for detailed question. Didn't want to just ask the wrong question (i.e. assume I know the best approach).

Thanks...

I need to update a property in an object with a value from a callout.

Example:

When the user creates a new Contact I want to do a lookup for the address details and update the address as needed.

Current tested theory:

- In the 'After Insert' trigger I pass the Contact.Id to a future method that does the callout.

- The future method updates the Contact

The issue is that the Contact form shows the contact BEFORE the web call was done.

I don't have the Id if I do this process in the 'Before Insert' trigger.

Any toughts or suggestions?

I'm sure I'm missing something. I've just started to try to learn how to use tab panels. I've used the very basic example in the guide:

<apex:page id="thePage">
   <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="name2" id="theTabPanel">
      <apex:tab label="One" name="name1" id="tabOne">content for tab one</apex:tab>
      <apex:tab label="Two" name="name2" id="tabTwo">content for tab two</apex:tab>
   </apex:tabPanel>
</apex:page>

I renders fine, but when the other tab is clicked on nothing happens. It won't change between tabs. Looking in the console there are 3 errors occuring.

• Object [object Object] has no method 'hasClassName'
  • Cannot call method 'replace' of undefined
  • Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

If it matters, this is in Chrome.

Thanks,

Kevin

I need to update a property in an object with a value from a callout.

Example:

When the user creates a new Contact I want to do a lookup for the address details and update the address as needed.

Current tested theory:

- In the 'After Insert' trigger I pass the Contact.Id to a future method that does the callout.

- The future method updates the Contact

The issue is that the Contact form shows the contact BEFORE the web call was done.

I don't have the Id if I do this process in the 'Before Insert' trigger.

Any toughts or suggestions?

When I dowload the latest Force.com IDE for Mac OS, and I try to extract the .tgz file using Archive Utility, I get an error:

Unable to expand "force.com-ide-installer-macosx.tgz" into "Downloads". (Error 1 – Operation not permitted.)

Doing tar -zvzf force.com-ide-installer-macosx.tgz in the Terminal results in:

force.com-ide-installer-macosx/configuration/install-content.bin: (Empty error message)
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

What's up with that?