• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a beforeInsert trigger that checks for some conditions. If they are met, that particular object record should not be inserted/created instead I want to take some other action (i.e. create a note, send an email, modify some object, etc.)

I have found two options that can prevent object record from being inserted to the database. I can either raise an exception or use addError method. However, both of these options causes a roll back on the trigger. So no changes will be saved (even the changes that are part of the action I want to take).

Is there a way of safely preventing insertion of some record, so the other actions are saved? Eventually, is it possible to still save some changes even if the transaction has been rolled back? (i.e. do some loging as a custome object record, etc.)

PS: I am not able to use validation rules.

Hi,

as a part of Developer Edition account the are two Live Agent User Feature Licenses. I am able to create Service cloud console application with Live Agent. And it works well. However, I am not able to login into Live Agent Console. :-( Is it even possible? Am I somehow able to try Live Agent Console with Developer Edition account?

Thanks!

Hi,

as a part of Developer Edition account the are two Live Agent User Feature Licenses. I am able to create Service cloud console application with Live Agent. And it works well. However, I am not able to login into Live Agent Console. :-( Is it even possible? Am I somehow able to try Live Agent Console with Developer Edition account?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks!