• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello, i could greatly use some pointers  here.  i need to do the following:

any time a new contact is  created i need to send 3 campaigns,  on day 1, day 90, and day 365.  Another catch is that contact indstry type drop down will determine which campaign to send. so the  campaign will be selected based on a) industry  type and b) number of days .

i would really appreciate any tips (high level outline of the steps) on how to impliment this.  I have been studying  time based triggers, sending campaigns with basic work flow, but have not been able to figure out  the steps to meet the  rules outlined above completely. Im also looking at the apex scheduler, but a little overwhelmed.

Thanks.

• September 11, 2012

any time a new contact is  created i need to send 3 campaigns,  on day 1, day 90, and day 365.  Another catch is that contact indstry type drop down will determine which campaign to send. so the  campaign will be selected based on a) industry  type and b) number of days .

i would really appreciate any tips (high level outline of the steps) on how to impliment this.  I have been studying  time based triggers, sending campaigns with basic work flow, but have not been able to figure out  the steps to meet the  rules outlined above completely.  Originally i was told by my boss to  use the api and program against this to do the work, but to me that  just seems wrong.  Based on my little investigation so far, i'm betting that SF can  do this by itself  by configuring  work flow, time based tiggers, etc..

Thanks.

• September 06, 2012

i would really appreciate any tips (high level outline of the steps) on how to impliment this.  I have been studying  time based triggers, sending campaigns with basic work flow, but have not been able to figure out  the steps to meet the  rules outlined above completely.  Originally i was told by my boss to  use the api and program against this to do the work, but to me that  just seems wrong.  Based on my little investigation so far, i'm betting that SF can  do this by itself  by configuring  work flow, time based tiggers, etc..

Thanks.

• September 06, 2012