• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I have a validation rule that checks to see if a region (custom field) has been specified or not for any given opportunity.

The validation rule generally works fine, but when I try to make an opportunity "close/lost" then it tells me that the record cannot be saved because the region has not been specified. Even if the region field is in fact populated the error message persists.

I have decided to deactivate the validation rule in order to update the opportunity but even with the validation rule deactivated the message persists and I am unable to make my opportunities "closed/lost". I can make then anything else as long as they are still read in the pipeline.

Has anyone ever come across such a bazaar situation?

Hello,

I have a validation rule that checks to see if a region (custom field) has been specified or not for any given opportunity.

The validation rule generally works fine, but when I try to make an opportunity "close/lost" then it tells me that the record cannot be saved because the region has not been specified. Even if the region field is in fact populated the error message persists.

I have decided to deactivate the validation rule in order to update the opportunity but even with the validation rule deactivated the message persists and I am unable to make my opportunities "closed/lost". I can make then anything else as long as they are still read in the pipeline.

Has anyone ever come across such a bazaar situation?