• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
My name is Roger and my Email Address is vaayukumara@gmail.com.  

I have two things to discuss which are as follows :

1.       I encountered problems with the workbook posted on the Sales Force Web Site.  I was trying to teach myself Sales
          Force Admin.   The site URL and the problem I encountered are given below.

Coming to the Glitch in the Force.Com Workbook.  Given below is what has happened.
URL :  http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/workbook/index.htm
followed the Tutorials 1 and 2.  No problem.   In tutorial 3,  Step 1 and 2 went fine, no problem.  

Problem Encountered:   Tutorial 3,  Step 3. ( Check Inventory with a Validation Rule ) .  Here after creating  a Rule Name, when I click the insert Field,  I don't see what is said in Step 3.  I don't know where the problem is here and how to fix it.   I cannot proceed further or do anything without this being taken care of.    I don't know if there are more glitches down the other tutorials.

-----

2.            I am wondering if I can ask for a favor.   As I said earlier I am learning Sales Force on my own.

Sales Force Administration and Adv Administration training at the Sales Force company is too expensive and out of my reach.   I am looking for a good Workbook or Training Manual that is Step by Step based for self learning.   I would greatly appreciate if you or someone you know has a copy of the above and let me use it to learn. 

As you know there are a lot of Videos on You Tube and I went through some of them for more than two months but couldn't find a proper way to train myself as none of them are good to teach you from start to end.  A good work book is structured as follows
             Chapters 1,   Creating an APPs, Custom Objects, Fields
             Chapters 2.   Building relationships
             Chapters 3.   Using Formulas and Validation Rules
             Chapters 4    Creating Reports and Dashboards

and so on .........   

I apologize for this inconvenience but I really want to learn.   Your help can change my life and will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

Roger