• 30 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out why this formula isn't working - I would like a checkbox formula field on a custom object that compares 2 date fields. One of the date fields comes from another custom object that my formula custom object has a lookup relationship to ("Church_Role_History__c").

Here's my formula:

NOT(ISBLANK(Church_Role_History__c)) &&
(New_End_Date__c <> Church_Role_History__r.End_Date__c)

I would like this checkbox to be checked if my lookup field, Church_Role_History__c is not blank, meaning my record is related to a record in that object. If it is, I'm also considering whether a date on my custom object is not equal to a date on Church_Role_History. If it's related to a Church_Role_History__c record and the dates are different, I would like the checkbox checked.

It's working as-is as long as there's a date entered on the Church_Role_History record (in the "End_Date__c" field, but if it's blank the checkbox is not checked. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this formula?

I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out why this formula isn't working - I would like a checkbox formula field on a custom object that compares 2 date fields. One of the date fields comes from another custom object that my formula custom object has a lookup relationship to ("Church_Role_History__c").

Here's my formula:

NOT(ISBLANK(Church_Role_History__c)) &&
(New_End_Date__c <> Church_Role_History__r.End_Date__c)

I would like this checkbox to be checked if my lookup field, Church_Role_History__c is not blank, meaning my record is related to a record in that object. If it is, I'm also considering whether a date on my custom object is not equal to a date on Church_Role_History. If it's related to a Church_Role_History__c record and the dates are different, I would like the checkbox checked.

It's working as-is as long as there's a date entered on the Church_Role_History record (in the "End_Date__c" field, but if it's blank the checkbox is not checked. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this formula?

My name is Roger and my Email Address is vaayukumara@gmail.com.  

I have two things to discuss which are as follows :

1.       I encountered problems with the workbook posted on the Sales Force Web Site.  I was trying to teach myself Sales
          Force Admin.   The site URL and the problem I encountered are given below.

Coming to the Glitch in the Force.Com Workbook.  Given below is what has happened.
URL :  http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/workbook/index.htm
followed the Tutorials 1 and 2.  No problem.   In tutorial 3,  Step 1 and 2 went fine, no problem.  

Problem Encountered:   Tutorial 3,  Step 3. ( Check Inventory with a Validation Rule ) .  Here after creating  a Rule Name, when I click the insert Field,  I don't see what is said in Step 3.  I don't know where the problem is here and how to fix it.   I cannot proceed further or do anything without this being taken care of.    I don't know if there are more glitches down the other tutorials.

-----

2.            I am wondering if I can ask for a favor.   As I said earlier I am learning Sales Force on my own.

Sales Force Administration and Adv Administration training at the Sales Force company is too expensive and out of my reach.   I am looking for a good Workbook or Training Manual that is Step by Step based for self learning.   I would greatly appreciate if you or someone you know has a copy of the above and let me use it to learn. 

As you know there are a lot of Videos on You Tube and I went through some of them for more than two months but couldn't find a proper way to train myself as none of them are good to teach you from start to end.  A good work book is structured as follows
             Chapters 1,   Creating an APPs, Custom Objects, Fields
             Chapters 2.   Building relationships
             Chapters 3.   Using Formulas and Validation Rules
             Chapters 4    Creating Reports and Dashboards

and so on .........   

I apologize for this inconvenience but I really want to learn.   Your help can change my life and will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

Roger