• -1 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Our staff use the Salesforce for Outlook plugin to save important, customer-related emails to Salesforce. However, a new security standard in our organization requires that we prevent users from saving ANY email attachments in Salesforce.

Currently, we have Salesforce for Outlook configured so that users can select the attachments (if any) they would like to save with the email message. If we disable this configuration option, all attachments are saved by default. As such, the standard plugin configuration options do not appear to offer a solution for our security requirement.

I spoke with Salesforce support and they suggested I post a request to this forum for help creating an Apex trigger that would block Salesforce for Outlook from saving any attachments. Ideally, we would like the emails to be saved, even when attachments are blocked.

I've implemented a few Apex classes and triggers in the past but am totally and obviously a newbie. I've done a number of internet searches to check whether I could find an existing solution, but could not come up with anything useful.

Would anyone be able to assist with code that would help us address our need?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Our staff use the Salesforce for Outlook plugin to save important, customer-related emails to Salesforce. However, a new security standard in our organization requires that we prevent users from saving ANY email attachments in Salesforce.

Currently, we have Salesforce for Outlook configured so that users can select the attachments (if any) they would like to save with the email message. If we disable this configuration option, all attachments are saved by default. As such, the standard plugin configuration options do not appear to offer a solution for our security requirement.

I spoke with Salesforce support and they suggested I post a request to this forum for help creating an Apex trigger that would block Salesforce for Outlook from saving any attachments. Ideally, we would like the emails to be saved, even when attachments are blocked.

I've implemented a few Apex classes and triggers in the past but am totally and obviously a newbie. I've done a number of internet searches to check whether I could find an existing solution, but could not come up with anything useful.

Would anyone be able to assist with code that would help us address our need?

Thank you in advance for your help!