• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have the following code that get 'Apex CPU time limit exceeded'

List<USER>  userList = new List<USER>();

for (USER  aUser : [SELECT u.city, u.id FROM User  u where u.state = 'NEW YORK']  )  { 
        aUser.city = 'New York';      
        userList.add(aUser);
  }
 update  userList;

Per recommendations  below:

// Use this format for efficiency if you are executing DML statements // within the for loop. Be careful not to exceed the 150 DML statement limit. Account[] accts = new Account[];
for (List<Account> acct : [SELECT id, name FROM account WHERE name LIKE 'Acme']) {
  // Your logic here
accts.add(acct);
}
update accts;

, I revised the query as follows

List<USER> userList = new List<USER>();

for (List<USER> user : [SELECT u.id FROM User u where u.state = 'NEW YORK']) {
    userList.add(user);
}

but get this error: 

Method does not exist or incorrect signature: void add(List<User>) from the type List<User>

Please tell me why. thanks a lot
I have System Admin profile with Modify All Data, Manage connected App checked andCustomize App checked, however I cannot see all details of a connected app such as: api name, callback url, consumer key...

Please tell me where to fix this. thanks a lot
How to we test lightning components? do we need to create test class as with Apex classes?

Do we need to have 75% tested lightning components? How to move them to Production?

Do lightning components be counted against Governor llimits ? 
my developer console is not loaded successfully, I have restarted browser, laptop, killed all browsers....

It just shows Loading...
please tell me how to fix it. thanks 
Iis it possible to download all validation rules to Eclipse? I selected all components when seting up project in Eclipse, but could not see validation rules.
thanks

I found some quickAction on Lead in Eclipse in folder quickActions, but I cannot find it in UI.
How can I find it in UI, and how quickAction is initiated or triggered to run?
thanks for your help.
I need to create a user report that shows user login, logout, duration of login for each instance.
Can I use EventLogfile to get this information, if so How can I access to this EventLogFile? 
I run a query against this object, and saw it was a txt/csv file. 
How can I download it from workbench? 
This link from trailhead is about EventLogFIle but did not provide technical guide to download the file.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/modules/event_monitoring/units/event_monitoring_intro

I deactivate a process builder , clone it and try to edit the clone version: I cannot delete some action for Time Lapse 
Please tell me how to edit the clone version.

thanks

I created Force.com project in Eclipse to connect to Sandbox, I want to downloadd all components from sandbox
but the src folder contains only classes, pages and triggers.

Please let me know why other components like flows, workflows, objects, profiles... are not downloaded, I did not have the option to select any component from sandbox when I created the project

Thanks
Please tell me the difference between remote site settings and connected app.

I guess :

* if we need to make out bound messages and call out API (SOAP/REST), we need to define the external url in remote site settings.
* If external systems need tpo connect to salesforce, we define them in connected app.

did I miss anything? 

Thanks

Please explain me how this matching criteria work in Duplicate Rule: 

Contact: Email EXACT MatchBlank = FALSE) OR (Contact: MobilePhone EXACT MatchBlank = FALSE)

It is not preventing duplicate values in Email Address or MobilePhone .

How I can fix this rule to avoid duplicate values in email or mobilephone.

Thanks

Please tell me what is the reason or where to check if all my outbound messages failed with 403) forbidden delivery reason.

thanks

In Setup, I have so many apex classes or VF pages, I dont want to browse page by page to locate a class, I have used Quick Find/Search box to find a class but it returns 0 item.
I have to browse every page to find a class, it is very inconvenient.
Please tell me how to find quickly a class or Vf page.

thanks

Hi,
  Please give me steps to post a question in developer.salesforce.com after login in.
  I have had hard time to find a button: "Post a question", sometimes it does not come up.

Thanks
​tina
Please tell me if there is limits on Outbound Messages for Each Workflow Rule,

If there is, how many per day/ per object and total limit of OBM per organization per day.

Thanks
I think Salesforce has replaced DEV501 by a new certification.
Can you please let me know what it is. I am having DEV401 and need to get a certification that is equivalent to DEV501.
Could you also send me materials to study.
Thanks a lot.

I have a button using onclick javascript with this code:
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/32.0/connection.js")}
   result = sforce.connection.update([object]);
the button is supposed to send an email. However , the email was not sent, Where to check the issue?
Thanks
I am trying to create a new report type that show multiple accounts for each contact.
the page layout of Contact for related list "Related Accounts" is showing column Direct and Roles, however I cant find these 2 columns in Accounts object and Contact object while creating the report type.

Please let me know how Page layout translate these 2 columns.
thanks

Hi All,
  I know the VF limit is 50,000 records for 1 VF page request.
 Business wants to have all accounts (more than 50,000 ) retrieved for the VF page so that users can search for certain accounts on the screen.

Please advise.
Thanks

Please tell me the difference between remote site settings and connected app.

I guess :

* if we need to make out bound messages and call out API (SOAP/REST), we need to define the external url in remote site settings.
* If external systems need tpo connect to salesforce, we define them in connected app.

did I miss anything? 

Thanks

If there is, how many per day/ per object and total limit of OBM per organization per day.

Thanks
Dear All,
 Users need to enter data in a report column so that data will be entered all at once in the table of the underlining object that is used to create the report. Report is built with many filters.
Can we convert report to list view using Salesforce Classic View ?
Thanks a lot

Iis it possible to download all validation rules to Eclipse? I selected all components when seting up project in Eclipse, but could not see validation rules.
thanks

I created Force.com project in Eclipse to connect to Sandbox, I want to downloadd all components from sandbox
but the src folder contains only classes, pages and triggers.

Please let me know why other components like flows, workflows, objects, profiles... are not downloaded, I did not have the option to select any component from sandbox when I created the project

Thanks
Please explain me how this matching criteria work in Duplicate Rule: 

Contact: Email EXACT MatchBlank = FALSE) OR (Contact: MobilePhone EXACT MatchBlank = FALSE)

It is not preventing duplicate values in Email Address or MobilePhone .

How I can fix this rule to avoid duplicate values in email or mobilephone.

Thanks

Please tell me what is the reason or where to check if all my outbound messages failed with 403) forbidden delivery reason.

thanks

In Setup, I have so many apex classes or VF pages, I dont want to browse page by page to locate a class, I have used Quick Find/Search box to find a class but it returns 0 item.
I have to browse every page to find a class, it is very inconvenient.
Please tell me how to find quickly a class or Vf page.

thanks

Thanks
I have a button using onclick javascript with this code:
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/32.0/connection.js")}
   result = sforce.connection.update([object]);
the button is supposed to send an email. However , the email was not sent, Where to check the issue?
Thanks
I am trying to create a new report type that show multiple accounts for each contact.
the page layout of Contact for related list "Related Accounts" is showing column Direct and Roles, however I cant find these 2 columns in Accounts object and Contact object while creating the report type.

Please let me know how Page layout translate these 2 columns.
thanks

Hi All,
  my org does not have Reset My Security Token in My Settings, I need to setup a project in ForceIDE to connect to Salesforce sandbox and Production environment to do deploy. But Eclipse requires Security Token to finish the setup.
Please help. Thanks
Hi All,
  I created a lead assignment rule to assign to new user with rule criteria : Lead industry = "Insurance".
  This rule is active and there is only 1 active rule.
  When I create a new lead or update an existing lead on the industry field to "Insurance", the owner field of this lead is not changed to the assigned user in the rule.
What did I miss to do? Or what is the concept of lead assignment rule  using option assign to a new user or a queue?
Thank you for your help.

I have a requirement as follows: user clicks a link from servicenow to go to salesforce, apart from autentication and authorization on salesforce side,
what else we need to implement to show data in salesforce like report, dashboards, VF pages...
Thanks for your helps.
Users are reporting they cannot post a question.
  • April 13, 2016