• 10 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I want to move the email "button" (I do not know what it is called) up to the main case details area. I took a picture to show what I am talking about because I do not know what the areas are called that are showing up on the screen.

Thank you for the help!
Arrow showing the function to move.
We have a catagory of accounts that need to receive an email every 10 days until a checkmark is removed from thier account. I tried using a workflow that triggered the email and delayed the next email. This worked but I ran into a limit on the number of delayed workflow jobs available.

I was thinking of switching this task to something like an Apex Schedualed class that would check for the account bit and send the email. Is this the best way to handle this?

My sudo code would be something like this:
  • (run every day)
  • query for list of accounts that have not received an email in more than 9 days.
  • update the record with something that would trigger an email
  • the tiggered email would update the date of last email

We have a Salesforce Site with a single Visualforce page which displays a record from a custom object. The associated custom controller has an action which updates the record. The controller class is defined as Public Class MyClass.

So, since the Spring 21 release, the Guest User profile no longer has Edit permissions on the Custom object. No problem I thought, the controller is just defaulting to 'with sharing' and I need to explicitly make it 'without sharing' so that it runs in System Mode and has full access to all fields and permissions on the custom object. So my class definition is now Public without sharing Class MyClass.

But this didn't make any difference and I'm still getting the error -
System.VisualforceException: Update access denied for MyCustomObject__c, controller action methods may not execute

I'm thinking that this is not going to be possible to fix, without using a licence or community setup. I would be grateful for any advice.
I want to move the email "button" (I do not know what it is called) up to the main case details area. I took a picture to show what I am talking about because I do not know what the areas are called that are showing up on the screen.

Thank you for the help!
Arrow showing the function to move.
We have a catagory of accounts that need to receive an email every 10 days until a checkmark is removed from thier account. I tried using a workflow that triggered the email and delayed the next email. This worked but I ran into a limit on the number of delayed workflow jobs available.

I was thinking of switching this task to something like an Apex Schedualed class that would check for the account bit and send the email. Is this the best way to handle this?

My sudo code would be something like this:
  • (run every day)
  • query for list of accounts that have not received an email in more than 9 days.
  • update the record with something that would trigger an email
  • the tiggered email would update the date of last email