• 109 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'd like to know if I can update fields on achild object with the process builder in following case:
1. my master object = "contact"
2. my child object= "relationship"
3. principal detail field on "relationship" object= "contact name"
4. lookup field on "relationship object"= "in relationship with"
5.phone number related to value showing up in "in relationship with" is already updated by a process when record is created

concretely: 
to add contact A as a relationship to contact B, I populate the field "in relationship with" in my "relationship" object with the name of contact A. When I save, the phone number field reflects contact A's phone by process.

Now, If I change on contact tab the phone number of contact A, I would like it to be also updated also in my relationship object.
I created the follwing process for that but it does not work. Any suggestion is welcome

1. start from "contat" object when record is created or updated
2. following formula evaluates to true: ISCHANGED([Contact].Phone )
3. update records on "relationship" object upon following condition: field "in relationship with" equals reference [Contact].ID
4. Field "phone number" in relationship object to be updated with value in field phone on contact tab: phone number reference [Contact].Phone

thanks!
Hi,
I have 2 custom Object with the following structure :
#Book
  Id
  BookId
  BookName
#BookBought
Id
BookId
UserId

User Id reference a contact field under contact name UserId (Not the salesforce Id)

I want to create a report that joins these 3 objects : Book, BookBought, and Contacts without using any lookup fields
Is this doable please ?
Thanks

I am creating a form in Visualforce. Since my form is a bit long, it is hard for users to remember the error message at the top and revise it. On top of the error message, I want to create a validation when users typing in their information.
For example, there are 2 field, users name and email. Users cannot leave the name field blank, if so, I want to show a message of "This field is required to fill in" beside the field. And for email field, I want to have another message to remind users to insert a valid email.
Is there anyway in visualforce to do so? Thanks for your help.
Hello All,

I am from .Net background and have work on windows and web application, also web services. 9 + years in microsoft technology.
I find salesforce interesting and would like to start working with same.
Can anyone let me know , how feasible for me to work on salesforce and careers wise?

I have a plan for  Dev 1 certification.

Thanks
Aniket
I have seen eclipse IDE where Apex class and Controller as well visualforce page can be created just like Salesforce console developer.
Is there any way we can have same in VSS IDE.

Regards
Aniket
Hi All,
I have one scnario like I want to write batch apex to delete records which are created more than 10 days ago in Task.
While deleting I want to store all records in CSV and want to send an Email to one Email-Id. (This also want to happen in Batch Apex)
How to write code for this?
Please help me.

Thanks in Advance

Hi All, 

I have a custom object "Transactions" with a custom field name "Funded". The workflow action I'm looking to create would trigger an email to be sent to the borrower. The email is located on the standard "Contact" object page layout. Because the Email field is not listed on the Custom "Transactions" object, it's not giving me the option to pull the email from the Contact page and send. I'm not very familiar with Apex and am trying to write it out now but any help or suggestions are appreciated. I'm thinking my only option would be to insert the Email field on the Transaction page layout or add the custom Funded field to the contact page layout, if a cross object workflow is not possible.

Thanks so much!! 
I've got a requirement to handle a situation one way if a user changed a field and another way if it was changed by an automated process.  By automated process I mean anything other than a user on a keyboard (apex, batch apex, trigger, wfr, flow, process builder - you name it.).

I'm actually quite flexible on how I determine it - the challenge here is being accurate and scalable.

Thanks,
Please find below code:
public class MyController {
        private final Account account;
               public MyController() {
                   account = [SELECT Id, Name, Site FROM Account
                   WHERE Id = :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')];
               }
        public Account getAccount() {
               return account;
        }

public PageReference save() {
               update account;
               return null;
        }
   }

In above example is it possible to change the method name "save"?  I am new to the visualforce. Any help would be really appreciable.

Thank you..
I do have 10 accounts and for each account i do have a account plan with lot of categories. Requirement is as below. At end of every month, a batch job needs to generate a PDF version of the account plan for each account and upload it to the account review object as it’s attachment. Can anyone help with this regard

Thanks
Venkata
Hi,
I want to copy all accounts record in custom object. How can we copy all record in the custom object. Please provide apex class code.

Thanks
Hi All,

I'm trying to write a common controller extension for standard salesforce object like lead, account and contact. Since the extension controller constructor is generic I'm planning to use the same extension class (Controller class- APEX). Is there any cons to this approach. I'm basically collecting the email and phone from these standard object and perform some operation in real-time.

My approach in short: 
1. I will give a custom button on the Salesforce standard object like Lead, Account and contact Visualforce Page. (non-override approach)
2. Please note that this approach is only for interactive use case which means while creating or editing a record (Lead, Account and Contact) in Salesforce.
3. I'm planning to handle this custom button logic in Extension controller class (say CommonControllerExtension).
4. I will perform my logic on SO email and phone.

For example:
public CommonControllerExtension(ApexPages.StandardController sController)
    {
        this.sController = sController;
    }

Any help please.
Hi Guys,
what is exact difference between Workflow and Validation Rule?
Can anyone help me out
Thanks & Regards in Advance

I'd like to know if I can update fields on achild object with the process builder in following case:
1. my master object = "contact"
2. my child object= "relationship"
3. principal detail field on "relationship" object= "contact name"
4. lookup field on "relationship object"= "in relationship with"
5.phone number related to value showing up in "in relationship with" is already updated by a process when record is created

concretely: 
to add contact A as a relationship to contact B, I populate the field "in relationship with" in my "relationship" object with the name of contact A. When I save, the phone number field reflects contact A's phone by process.

Now, If I change on contact tab the phone number of contact A, I would like it to be also updated also in my relationship object.
I created the follwing process for that but it does not work. Any suggestion is welcome

1. start from "contat" object when record is created or updated
2. following formula evaluates to true: ISCHANGED([Contact].Phone )
3. update records on "relationship" object upon following condition: field "in relationship with" equals reference [Contact].ID
4. Field "phone number" in relationship object to be updated with value in field phone on contact tab: phone number reference [Contact].Phone

thanks!
can any one please tell me how to get child records from parent object 
this the coad 

public class shopcart {
    public list<srinivasreddy__shopcart__c> scart{set;get;}
    public list<srinivasreddy__aproduct__c> apro{set;get;}
    public list<id> ids{set;get;}
    public shopcart(){
       apro=[select srinivasreddy__price__c,Name,(select Name,srinivasreddy__quantity__c,srinivasreddy__total__c from srinivasreddy__shopcart__r)  from srinivasreddy__aproduct__c];
       ids=new list<id>();
        scart=new list<srinivasreddy__shopcart__c>();
    }
    public void addproduct(){
        for(srinivasreddy__aproduct__c c:apro){
          srinivasreddy__shopcart__c sc=new srinivasreddy__shopcart__c();  
           sc.srinivasreddy__cartproduct__c=c.id;
            sc.Name=c.Name;
            scart.add(sc);
        }
        insert scart;

}
}
}
Hi Folks,

i have two custom fields in both account and conatct i,e state and city now i want to make auto populate for those fields in contact when i try to create new contact in related list.
I am trying to generate xls through Apex code using VF.
Value we require in the form ex. 012345 bt Xls generate it as 12345.  
So here 0 is not conculded. Our Field 'Bank Acc no' takes value : 0247272 but in xls we get : 247272

Please help