• Member since 2015
  • Salesforce Consultant

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
So, I need to send a url link through email to my patients, so they can fill a survey that will be saved on my patient record.

My patients  have no user (user licenses $$$) created in Salesforce, so I cannot use the Community approach (as far as I know Communities are based on Users).

Can this be done under these circunstances? Any ideas?
  • September 13, 2018
I'm working on this trailhead module: 
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/sales_admin/sales_admin_sales_reports_for_lex/sales_admin_sales_reports_unit_1

I'm getting an error: Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Closed Business YTD' report does appear to be filtered on 'Opportunity Status: Closed Won'.

The field is called Stage NOT Opportunity Status. Am I missing someothing really basic? 
User-added image

Hi,
I just can't seem to get my object permissions right no matter what I do, some help would be immensly appreciated.

I have a free developer account and I'm trying to build a custom app and have created a couple of users for testing the app. If I create a custom object and a tab for it and then add the 2 users to a permission set which sets read/write permissions for the object settings I can create records with both users. However all the records are editable by both users and I need only the owner to be able to edit the record and both users to simply be able to view/read all records.

If I change the permissions in the permission set to just read/create then both users can create new records but none of them can edit any of the records, not even the ones created by the same user. I have read online that the owner of records can always edit them but I can't seem to figure out how to achieve that without every other user also having edit rights.

I've been trying to figure this out for over a week now and have not got very far with it, any help at all would be amazing, thank you.
Hi , I am not able to complete the trail had challenge in Visual force Mobile module . Getting the error as The page isn't displaying the name of the contact..

Can someone help me to find out the code. 

Please refer the below Requirement
Use Bootstrap to create a simple mobile friendly list of existing contact names and display the page within Salesforce1 mobile. The Visualforce page:Must be named 'MobileContactList'.
Must reference the minified Bootstrap JavaScript and CSS files from MaxCDN (see more here). Do NOT use Static Resources to reference these files.
Must use the Bootstrap List Group component (defined here).
Must use the Contact standard list controller with a recordSetVar of 'contacts'. The list of contacts must be iterated through using an apex:repeat component that's bound to a var named 'c'.
Must display the name of the contacts.
Must be made available for the Salesforce1 mobile app and added to a tab named 'MobileContacts'. The tab should be added to the Salesforce1 navigation menu.

Thinking of enabling #Communities for your customer? Then be aware of the current #Gotcha that the default Apex Classes that are created when you enable your first Community do not ALL have code coverage >75%.

What this means:
You can enable Communities in Production, however as soon as you attempt to migrate anything from a sandbox into Production that triggers all tests to be run (doesn't have to be just code), your migration will fail as three of the classes only have 33%, 20% and 21%.

Let me repeat that, you might only be migrating a bunch of new custom fields and page layouts and the Change Set (or Eclipse/ANT) will fail.

I hit this problem this week in a go-live deployment so had to update Apex Classes to achieve average total code coverage >75% in order to proceed with our deployment.

The PM of Communities knows about the problem and advises he is looking at a fix, but in the meantime here are the four Apex Classes that need to be updated.

CommunitiesLandingControllerTest.cls

Just a one liner for this test class

/**
 * An apex page controller that takes the user to the right start page based on credentials or lack thereof
 */
@IsTest public with sharing class CommunitiesLandingControllerTest {
  @IsTest(SeeAllData=true) public static void testCommunitiesLandingController() {
    // Instantiate a new controller with all parameters in the page
    CommunitiesLandingController controller = new CommunitiesLandingController();

// 25-Jun-2013 Manu Erwin - Fixing insufficient code coverage for default Communities Apex Tests
    PageReference pageRef = controller.forwardToStartPage();
  }
}

CommunitiesLoginControllerTest.cls

Just a one liner for this test class

/**
 * An apex page controller that exposes the site login functionality
 */
@IsTest global with sharing class CommunitiesLoginControllerTest {
  @IsTest(SeeAllData=true) 
  global static void testCommunitiesLoginController () {
    CommunitiesLoginController controller = new CommunitiesLoginController ();

// 25-Jun-2013 Manu Erwin - Fixing insufficient code coverage for default Communities Apex Tests
    PageReference pageRef = controller.forwardToAuthPage();
  }  
}

CommunitiesSelfRegControllerTest.cls

A few controller variables to set prior to calling the controller method for the original test method, followed by a couple of additional test methods for further coverage.

/**
 * An apex page controller that supports self registration of users in communities that allow self registration
 */
@IsTest public with sharing class CommunitiesSelfRegControllerTest {
  @IsTest(SeeAllData=true) 
  public static void testCommunitiesSelfRegController() {
    CommunitiesSelfRegController controller = new CommunitiesSelfRegController();

controller.firstName = 'Bob';
    controller.lastName = 'Jones';
    controller.email = 'bob@jones.com';
    controller.password = '8yhMsHDN&ituQgO$WO';
    controller.confirmPassword = '8yhMsHDN&ituQgO$WO';
    controller.communityNickname = 'bob-jones-testing';

PageReference pageRef = controller.registerUser();
  }
  @IsTest(SeeAllData=true) 
  public static void testInvalidPassword() {
    controller.password = '8yhMsHDN&ituQgO$WO';
    controller.confirmPassword = 'not the same';

System.assert(pageRef == null, 'The returned page reference should be null');
  }
  @IsTest(SeeAllData=true) 
  public static void testNullPassword() {

System.assert(pageRef == null, 'The returned page reference should be null');
  }
}

CommunitiesSelfRegController.cls

A few additions to this class to set the Profile and Account Ids for portal user creation. Update the ProfileId value based on the "portal" license(s) (e.g., Customer Portal, Customer Community, etc) and set the AccountId to that of the Account you wish to use for self-registration. Note: this needs to be set even if you're not using self-registration so the class can be tested.

Plus some debug statements so I could see what was happening and needed to be tested.

/**
 * An apex page controller that supports self registration of users in communities that allow self registration
 */
public with sharing class CommunitiesSelfRegController {

public String firstName {get; set;}
  public String lastName {get; set;}
  public String email {get; set;}
  public String password {get; set {password = value == null ? value : value.trim(); } }
  public String confirmPassword {get; set { confirmPassword = value == null ? value : value.trim(); } }
  public String communityNickname {get; set { communityNickname = value == null ? value : value.trim(); } }

public CommunitiesSelfRegController() {}

private boolean isValidPassword() {
    return password == confirmPassword;
  }

public PageReference registerUser() {

// it's okay if password is null - we'll send the user a random password in that case
    if (!isValidPassword()) {
      System.debug(System.LoggingLevel.DEBUG, '## DEBUG: Password is invalid - returning null');
      ApexPages.Message msg = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.ERROR, Label.site.passwords_dont_match);
      ApexPages.addMessage(msg);
      return null;
    }  

//String profileId = ''; // To be filled in by customer.
    //String roleEnum = ''; // To be filled in by customer.
    //String accountId = ''; // To be filled in by customer.

// Set this to your main Communities Profile API Name
    String profileApiName = 'PowerCustomerSuccess';
    String profileId = [SELECT Id FROM Profile WHERE UserType = :profileApiName LIMIT 1].Id;
    List<Account> accounts = [SELECT Id FROM Account LIMIT 1];
    System.assert(!accounts.isEmpty(), 'There must be at least one account in this environment!');
    String accountId = accounts[0].Id;

String userName = email;

User u = new User();
    u.Username = userName;
    u.Email = email;
    u.FirstName = firstName;
    u.LastName = lastName;
    u.CommunityNickname = communityNickname;
    u.ProfileId = profileId;

String userId = Site.createPortalUser(u, accountId, password);

if (userId != null) { 
      if (password != null && password.length() > 1) {
        System.debug(System.LoggingLevel.DEBUG, '## DEBUG: User creation successful and password ok - returning site.login');
        return Site.login(userName, password, null);
      }
      else {
        System.debug(System.LoggingLevel.DEBUG, '## DEBUG: User creation successful but password not ok - redirecting to self reg confirmation');
        PageReference page = System.Page.CommunitiesSelfRegConfirm;
        page.setRedirect(true);
        return page;
      }
    }
    System.debug(System.LoggingLevel.DEBUG, '## DEBUG: User creation not successful - returning null');
    return null;
  }
}

Dear friends,

I have a requirement, Description is as follows:

1.End user (support guy) will be logged in SFDC.

2.He will be assigned a case by his manager in SFDC.

3. whenever a case has been assigned to support guy, he will get notified by some kind of Beep sound(for 1-2 sec). 

Please let me know if point no. 3 can be implemented in SFDC or not. Any suggetions are highly appriciated. -Thanks

Regards,

Amit Mittal