• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Replacing Budget Information Fields with a Child Object
We have a new child object (Budget) on Opportunity that will hold quarterly budget information (year, quarter, amount, notes etc.). This child object is replacing fields on the opportunity that are specific to a year and quarter (2015 Q1 Amount; 2015 Q2 Amount etc.). Those fields were created due to timeline restrictions before my time. The child object will allow us much better reporting as well as simplify data entry (we have a component to allow inline editing without leaving the opportunity page).

During our Opportunity sales process, an Account Executive will submit a request for a proposal (a deal’s specific plan). Currently a javascript button will take the year/quarter fields and place them on the “Proposal Request” in similar fields for historic tracking of values at the time of the proposal request. This process can happen multiple times, resulting in numerous Proposal Request child objects to the opportunity, each holding what the year/quarter budget information was at the time the request was made. There are also between 1 and 6 child Budget records per Opportunity.

To replicate this functionality with the new child Budget object, I’ve created the Proposed Budget object (could have been a record type of Budget, but for reporting and simplicity we’ve separated to it’s own object). When a proposal request is created, I have 2 process builders that work to create a clone of the budget so that the values can be tracked historically. I'd rather have a separate historical record rather than simply tracking field history as this will allow us to connect a set of values to a specific Proposal, as well as be more limber with reporting and field level security between the two sets of records.

Process Builder 1:
1.     When a Proposal is created (on create, always)
2.     Update all Budget records that are children to the parent opportunity of the Proposal
        //This tags all the Budget records that need to be cloned by populating a Proposal lookup on the budget with the newly created proposal’s ID

Process Builder 2:
1.     When a Budget’s Proposal lookup field is changed
2.     Create a new Proposed Budget Record, mapping fields 1 to 1 for the following
      a.     Amount (number field) to Amount (number)
      b.     Flight (text) to Flight (Text)
      c.      Quarter (picklist) to Quarter (picklist)
      d.     Year (picklist) to Year (picklist)
      e.     Opportunity (master/detail) to Opportunity (lookup)
      f.       Proposal(lookup) to Proposal (master/detail)
      g.     Dollar Amount (currency) to Dollar Amount (currency)

Errors:
PB1 will give a “Cannot execute flow”; which is in reference to the resulting PB2 actions. PB2 will give a soql 101 error (why this occurs only when the currency field is included IDK). Both these errors are reported when including the Dollar Amount Currency Field.

If I remove Dollar Amount (currency fields on both sides), all works well. If I remove all fields except for Oppty, Proposal and Dollar Amount but leave Dollar Amount, still fails (indicating that the issue shouldn’t be that there are too many field populations). I’ve even tried creating a formula, and then pushing the value of the formula field to the Proposed Budget, but PB won’t allow me to choose the formula. I've also tried taking a number field to map to a currency field and vice versa; which still results in the two errors.

I don't want to use a trigger, as it is harder to maintain and we don't have the resources at the moment to get a developer to properly build it (I could but am no experienced enough to properly right test classes etc.)

I'm very confused why Dollar Amount is breaking it here. Can only imagine it has something to do with it being a Currency field?? I’ve built light versions (only the necessary fields) in the full sandbox but still get the issue, and then I’ve built similarly light versions in a development sandbox with no issue! I really think this may be similar to a previous full sandbox refresh issue we had were PB wasn’t showing picklist fields (fixed by a full refresh out of cycle).

We don't have time to wait for the full sandbox refresh to be available again; so I've had to do the following workaround:

Workaround:
  1. Create 2 number fields, Dollar_Amount_Non_Currency__c. One on Budget object and one on Proposed Budget Object.
  2. Create Formula on Proposed Budget object which is currency type and pulls Proposed_Budget.Dollar_Amount_Non_Currency
  3. When Budget’s Dollar Amount (currency) field is created, use PB to copy value into a number field (Dollar Amount Non-Currency)
  4. Update PB2.
    1. Instead of taking Budget.Dollar_Amount__c to Proposed_Budget.Dollar_Amount__c, change to
    2. Budget.Dollar_Amount_Non_Currency__c to Proposed_Budget.Dollar_Amount_Non_Currency
  5. Then use the new formula field on Proposed Budget as a proxy for a Dollar Amount field.

Any thoughts are appreciated as I'd like to eliminate the need for this workaround and simply use the currency fields.

I recently refreshed a full sandbox & migrated a changeset that included several process builder flows. I was not able to migrate some of the flows, since they contained event email alerts (separate issue with changeset validation still having this rule); so I need to recreate these flows.

The problem is, in my dev sandbox I was able to select picklist fields for Action Groups & for Immediate Actions; I am also able to do so in production. For some reason, I am not able to select any picklist values, for existing or new Process Builder Flows, in either Action Groups or Immediate Actions.

Anyone had this issue or know how to resolve?
I recently refreshed a full sandbox & migrated a changeset that included several process builder flows. I was not able to migrate some of the flows, since they contained event email alerts (separate issue with changeset validation still having this rule); so I need to recreate these flows.

The problem is, in my dev sandbox I was able to select picklist fields for Action Groups & for Immediate Actions; I am also able to do so in production. For some reason, I am not able to select any picklist values, for existing or new Process Builder Flows, in either Action Groups or Immediate Actions.

Anyone had this issue or know how to resolve?