• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello friends, 

Please help me with a simple query to get records if data A is > date B. I tried this soql query in query builder but it give error. 

Select Forecast_Handover__c,Name,Site__c,Forecast_Sales_Date__c from Cbd_plot__c where  Forecast_Handover__c > Forecast_Sales_Date__c

both these forecast date fields are date fields in salesforce I am getting error 'Unknown error parsing query'

but at the same time is I try 

Select Forecast_Handover__c,Name,Site__c,Forecast_Sales_Date__c from Cbd_plot__c where  Forecast_Handover__c > TODAY

its returning me records. 

Many thanks in advance
Dear Salesforce experts,

My question put in to simple terms is just this:
In a lead before insert trigger if I identify a lead as a duplicate instead of showing an error message I need to update that lead. Is that possible ? because my current transaction at that point would be an insert operation. I wanted to update that lead instead of showing an error. I will explain you why I want to update that lead ..
See we have customers using web-to-lead from different micro sites which eventually create leads in the same instance. but each micro site works for different housing schemes. So there can be a scenario where a person register an interest through one micro site because he is interested in the scheme that micro site is representing, in that same way that same person maybe interested in another scheme so he register his interest for second scheme through another micro site. in this case we want to update his existing lead with his second interest. Hope you got my question. Can i achieve this through a trigger program. 
Dear Salesforce experts ... I have a requirement ... When a new lead is created, salesforce should send out an email to the new lead, body of the email should have some checkboxes (for setting marketing/GDPR based preferences) when they reply aftering selecting some preferences that should update the respective lead. 
Now let me tell you about the solution i came up with .. I am not sure if this is possible though... I created a visualforce email template with some checkboxes using html and my idea is to have a submit button on the template itself. when the user hit submit it should call a remote javascript and call apex method in apex controller... I am not sure if this would work since email is outside salesforce. Please help me with a simple solution if you think this would not work ... also i have some css not working issues in IE as well with my VF email template. 
We are in to property business which includes rental and sales of newly developed properties. We are in a verge of defining salesforce platform for our business.
So the scope starts from marketing to primarly sales cloud. though we don't focus on marketing much at this point but we need to define an optimal sales process. We already have difference ways of getting leads. 
So leads would come to the salesforce system either by an upload or web to lead etc. The plan is to convert this lead in to opportunities and hence forth use the sales cloud very much. 
Now I need some advice on just one thing that is,  can we use standard salesforce products for each property  the reason for me asking this question is that,  each property (which is going to products object) will be different with respect to its attributes hence we will have to add hundrands of products. 
The next option would be to have a custom object for property but then I am concrened that we may have challenges in utilising salesforce sales cloud features to its best if go with custom object. due to this reason I presume going with standard salesforce product can be the best option. Please advice if we do have any challenge in using a standard product object approach? 

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you :)
Hello friends, 

Please help me with a simple query to get records if data A is > date B. I tried this soql query in query builder but it give error. 

Select Forecast_Handover__c,Name,Site__c,Forecast_Sales_Date__c from Cbd_plot__c where  Forecast_Handover__c > Forecast_Sales_Date__c

both these forecast date fields are date fields in salesforce I am getting error 'Unknown error parsing query'

but at the same time is I try 

Select Forecast_Handover__c,Name,Site__c,Forecast_Sales_Date__c from Cbd_plot__c where  Forecast_Handover__c > TODAY

its returning me records. 

Many thanks in advance

Hi,

Recently there was a need in my org to create bunch of Portal users, and I hate doing repitative things, off course I come from developing background. So I called SF premier support, asking the same, and they told I cannot create Portal Users via DL. 

I will have to create contact, hit allow login, enter user details, blah blah.. for each and every user. Did not make sense to me and I started to look into the Data Structure to see how User, Contact, Porfile, license objects are related. To my surprise there was contactId field under user object. 

All I did was populated the PortalUser.csv file with correct SF contactId, ProfileId(Partner Profile), RecordTypeId(Portal Contact) along with other info like Name, Email, Alias for 200 odd records. Uploaded via Data Loader and boom it all went in. 

I thought I will post here, so others can take advantage of this. Just shoot me an email or reply to this post, if you need further assitance.

Mitesh