• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I have customized our Cases layout to include custom auto numbered cases because I cannot edit the standard case number field. This has led to a multitude of problems. When viewing cases in the All Open, My Cases, and Recently Viewed options, I can customize the view to show the custom auto numbered field but it doesn't provide a hyperlink to access the case. 
User-added image
When I go to the Recently Viewed Cases menu, I cannot edit and does not show the custom case number. However, it does provide a link to click thru to the case. Problem being, we don't want to use the standard case numbers.
User-added image

Salesforce support recommended using Visualforce to create a hyperlinked case number. I have zero experience with Apex or Visualforce so I'm not sure where to go from here. I do feel like there is a much simpler solution to this issue.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Hi all,

I have customized our Cases layout to include custom auto numbered cases because I cannot edit the standard case number field. This has led to a multitude of problems. When viewing cases in the All Open, My Cases, and Recently Viewed options, I can customize the view to show the custom auto numbered field but it doesn't provide a hyperlink to access the case. 
User-added image
When I go to the Recently Viewed Cases menu, I cannot edit and does not show the custom case number. However, it does provide a link to click thru to the case. Problem being, we don't want to use the standard case numbers.
User-added image

Salesforce support recommended using Visualforce to create a hyperlinked case number. I have zero experience with Apex or Visualforce so I'm not sure where to go from here. I do feel like there is a much simpler solution to this issue.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks