• Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello all,

I would like to discuss a situation I encountered when I am trying to use the Composite API and the Composite Graph to build an integration from a middleware built in Java towards a Salesforce REST API:

We are trying to create a request that implies the following operations:
- 1 Account Upsert
- 1 Individual Upsert
- N ContactPoint Upsert

If I try to build the request with Composite API I will encounter a problem if I am trying to upsert more than 23 ContactPoint in the same Composite API due the 25 sub request limitation.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_rest.meta/api_rest/resources_composite_composite.htm

If I try to build the request with Composite Graph I will encounter a problem if I am trying to upsert more than 13 Contact Point in the same Composite Grapth due the 'limit of number of types of operations in a Graph call reached'.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_rest.meta/api_rest/resources_composite_graph_limits.htm

"compositeRequest": [{
            "method": "PATCH",
            "url": "/services/data/v{{version}}/sobjects/Account/MDP_fld_extId__c/extId",
            "referenceId": "upsertAccount",
            "body": {
            }
        }, {
            "url": "/services/data/v{{version}}/sobjects/Individual/id",
            "referenceId": "updateIndividual",
            }
        }, {
            "url": "/services/data/v{{version}}/sobjects/ContactPointEmail/MDP_fld_extId__c/extId",
            "referenceId": "upsertContactPoint1",

}
        }, {
             n upsertContactPoint
        }
    ]
    }

I don't know if this is how it should work and the way the Composite Graph nodes are counted. If counts each request for a record as 1, then I don't know why it allows 500 subrequests per Graph as I seems a bigger limitation than the original Composite.

If anyone could help me with this I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much.

Junjie.

Hello all,

I would like to discuss a situation I encountered when I am trying to use the Composite API and the Composite Graph to build an integration from a middleware built in Java towards a Salesforce REST API:

We are trying to create a request that implies the following operations:
- 1 Account Upsert
- 1 Individual Upsert
- N ContactPoint Upsert

If I try to build the request with Composite API I will encounter a problem if I am trying to upsert more than 23 ContactPoint in the same Composite API due the 25 sub request limitation.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_rest.meta/api_rest/resources_composite_composite.htm

If I try to build the request with Composite Graph I will encounter a problem if I am trying to upsert more than 13 Contact Point in the same Composite Grapth due the 'limit of number of types of operations in a Graph call reached'.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_rest.meta/api_rest/resources_composite_graph_limits.htm

"compositeRequest": [{
            "url": "/services/data/v{{version}}/sobjects/Account/MDP_fld_extId__c/extId",
            "referenceId": "upsertAccount",
            }
        }, {
            "url": "/services/data/v{{version}}/sobjects/Individual/id",
            "referenceId": "updateIndividual",
            }
        }, {
            "url": "/services/data/v{{version}}/sobjects/ContactPointEmail/MDP_fld_extId__c/extId",
            "referenceId": "upsertContactPoint1",

}
        }, {
             n upsertContactPoint
        }
    ]
    }

I don't know if this is how it should work and the way the Composite Graph nodes are counted. If counts each request for a record as 1, then I don't know why it allows 500 subrequests per Graph as I seems a bigger limitation than the original Composite.

If anyone could help me with this I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much.

Junjie.