• 0 Points
  • Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to create a Pardot email that will show and not show certain content based whether a user is on a certain list. The idea is that people can sign up to get monthly email updates on certain products. What I was hoping would work would be to create a new email preferences page with all the available products included so users can check which ones they want to receive updates for. That would then add the user to a list for that product. Then I was hoping I could create dynamic content rules to show those specific product updates based on which product update list the user belonged to. However when I went to set up the dynamic content, there was no option for "prospect is on list...". 

Another idea I had was to set up an automation rule that would add a tag to the user if they were subscribed to one of the product update lists, and another rule to remove the tag if they unsubscribe from the list. However, I discovered it is also not possible to create dynamic content based on a tag. 

I know it is possible to set up custom fields for the dynamic content, but that leaves the issue of how does a user unsubscribe from receiving product updates (or changing their preferences for which updates they receive) without opting out completely? 

If anyone has any other ideas on how I can make this work, I would greatly appreciate it. I posted this in the Pardot Trailblazer forum and someons suggested I post it here too. Thanks in advance!
I am trying to create a Pardot email that will show and not show certain content based whether a user is on a certain list. The idea is that people can sign up to get monthly email updates on certain products. What I was hoping would work would be to create a new email preferences page with all the available products included so users can check which ones they want to receive updates for. That would then add the user to a list for that product. Then I was hoping I could create dynamic content rules to show those specific product updates based on which product update list the user belonged to. However when I went to set up the dynamic content, there was no option for "prospect is on list...". 

Another idea I had was to set up an automation rule that would add a tag to the user if they were subscribed to one of the product update lists, and another rule to remove the tag if they unsubscribe from the list. However, I discovered it is also not possible to create dynamic content based on a tag. 

I know it is possible to set up custom fields for the dynamic content, but that leaves the issue of how does a user unsubscribe from receiving product updates (or changing their preferences for which updates they receive) without opting out completely? 

If anyone has any other ideas on how I can make this work, I would greatly appreciate it. I posted this in the Pardot Trailblazer forum and someons suggested I post it here too. Thanks in advance!