• 10 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is there a maintained Ruby gem for accessing the SOAP API?  Although I know SF dev well, I haven't done much Ruby and SF together, so I don't know all the gems out there.  Although I'd prefer to use the REST API or Bulk Data API, the REST API doesn't support batching and Bulk Data isn't available for PE orgs.  Therefore I'm left with SOAP.  Anyway, what gems have folks used to access the SOAP API with Ruby?
I'm new to using the Sforce API and I was wondering if someone knows of an example of implementing single sign-on for the self service portal. For my scenario, a user logs into our software, navigates to the portal page on our site which automatically logs them in to the self-service portal, and then the portal is displayed in an Iframe on our site.

I suppose I can do a HTTP form post to "https://ssl.salesforce.com/sserv/login.jsp" to login the self-service user but can this be done through the API instead?

I use C#

Thanks,
Jon
Is there a maintained Ruby gem for accessing the SOAP API?  Although I know SF dev well, I haven't done much Ruby and SF together, so I don't know all the gems out there.  Although I'd prefer to use the REST API or Bulk Data API, the REST API doesn't support batching and Bulk Data isn't available for PE orgs.  Therefore I'm left with SOAP.  Anyway, what gems have folks used to access the SOAP API with Ruby?
I'm new to using the Sforce API and I was wondering if someone knows of an example of implementing single sign-on for the self service portal. For my scenario, a user logs into our software, navigates to the portal page on our site which automatically logs them in to the self-service portal, and then the portal is displayed in an Iframe on our site.

I suppose I can do a HTTP form post to "https://ssl.salesforce.com/sserv/login.jsp" to login the self-service user but can this be done through the API instead?

I use C#

Thanks,
Jon