• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
hi,

I am trying to identify the difference between look-up relationship and master-detail relationship.

When I call describe on any custom object then how can i identidy the which field is having look-up relationship a
nd which one is having master-detail relationship.

In short from API I need to identify if the field is having look-up relationship or master-detail relationship.
If there is any property field or any clue in schema, that can help to identify it.

Please help me out........

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Prabodh
hi,

I am trying to identify the difference between look-up relationship and master-detail relationship.

When I call describe on any custom object then how can i identidy the which field is having look-up relationship a

In short from API I need to identify if the field is having look-up relationship or master-detail relationship.
If there is any property field or any clue in schema, that can help to identify it.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Prabodh
hi,

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Prabodh
hi,

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Prabodh
I'm hoping I simply overlooked something but I can't seem to determine what the default value of a checkbox is on my custom object using the Partner APIs.  From a describeSObject call, I can see the default value for Text fields (and the like) via Field.getDefaultValueFormula().  For picklists, I can see the default value via Field.getPicklistValues(i).isDefaultValue().  However, for checkboxes, I can't seem to determine whether the default value is "Checked" or "Unchecked".  Am I missing something here?

- Ed