• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I just installed Connect for Microsoft Outlook, and I can't get it to sync properly.

I set it up to export to Salesforce from Outlook, and I have some contacts in Outlook that I want to export to Salesforce.  The contacts are in separate categories, and I have no contacts in my main "Contacts" folder.  According to the "Salesforce Options" Contacts tab, each of my folders of contacts is selected to be exported to Salesforce.

When I first hit "Sync," the dialog came up that it was syncing and I got a success message, but nothing new showed up in Salesforce.  I tried to manually mark some contacts for syncing, and I got this message:

"This record cannot be marked for sync because the association is invalid."

When I tried to manually associate the contacts, I got this message:

"The Item cannot be associated because it is not linked to a Salesforce record.  Please try the association again."

What do I need to do to synchronize these contacts?

Thanks!  :)

Elizabeth

When I select a contact in my MS Outlook 2007 and click the "Mark for Sync" button on the "Salesforce Outlook Edition Main" toolbar, I get the following error message:

window title: Outlook Edition Error
Error message: "This record cannot be marked for sync because the association is invalid."

This error message only occurs on some of my contacts.  Once the error message comes up, that contact will not sync to Salesforce.com.

What "association" is invalid?  And how do I get the contact to sync?

I am using Salesforce Outlook Edition version 3.2.1.5 and MS Outlook 2007 (12.0.4518.1014).

Thanks

I am running Vista with Outlook 2007, and Outlook Edition 3.2.  When I create a new contact in Outlook and then try to mark for sync with sforce, I get the following message.   This record cannot be marked for sync because the association is invalid.  If I try to associate the contact, I get an opportunity to "quick create" the contact and then am prompted to re-enter the data.  Not good!

I went back to an XP computer with Outlook 2003 and Outlook Edition 2.  I created a new contact, marked it for sync.  Upon sync, a new contact was correctly created in Sforce with no questions, issues or additional data entry.  This is perfect.

Version 3 is just not getting it.  Does anyone have any ideas about this??  Anyone??

Well, it's official.  I reported this issue to tech support.  They told me that it should work.  I then got elevated up to Tier II support.  Here is their response: 

Unfortunately, with Outlook Edition 3 it is required to quick create and associate contacts before syncing them with Salesforce. This function was changed from Outlook Edition 2 to avoid duplicate records in Salesforce. If you would like to report this as a feature request, I encourage you to visit the IdeaExchange where you can submit your ideas for product enhancements to our produce managers and developers. The IdeaExchange can be found at http://ideas.salesforce.com.

I think this is a huge issue and a flaw in the way Outlook Edition 3 is designed.  I never had an issue with duplicate contacts.  Is there a 3rd party app that provides this remaining piece of the integration puzzle?  Is that the goal here...to sell me something else?

Apparently when someone makes a truly dumb decision in product design, it takes a popularity contest to get the issue addressed. Please go here and click promote.  Be sure to add your comments: Please click here and promote my idea that true integration is needed for this to return to a functional product.

At some point, more people will be converting to Outlook 2007 and Outlook Edition 3 and they will be pissed that this hasn't been addressed.

Message Edited by RDHarris on 09-26-200705:46 AM