• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is something like this possible? I have 3 objects. 2 are related via lookup. I'd like to compare the value of a field in 2 of the objects (unrelated) and if it matches, pull a field from 1 of those objects to update into a 3rd object (that's also not related to the one I'm getting the data from)

So it would be something like this: 
If Account.field = User.field then set ObjectC.field=User.field2. 
Account and ObjectC are related to each other via a lookup. The user would be unrelated to the account or ObjectC(not an owner, etc). 

• April 22, 2015

Trying to translate a button on a custom object, but it doesn't seem to be taking. I'm a system admin and set myself up as a translator. Any ideas what I should check to get this to work? I tried a 2nd button the same object as a test, but that one didn't translate either.

• October 08, 2013

Trying to create a Master Detail relationship and I'm receiving a Time Limit Exceeded error. Anyone else have this issue before? This is in a dev environment with no data.

• October 24, 2012

Trying to find a way to sum up the values in a group of custom fields on a custom object. There's no master-detail so I can't use a Roll-up summary field. Is there anyway to handle this in Apex? There's about 30 fields I want to add together.

Thanks.

• July 22, 2010

I have 10 custom fields that I need to calculate values for. I will only be calculating a certain number of them based on the number in another custom field. For example if the value in number_of_parts__c is 6, I would only need to calculate the values for the first  6 custom fields and not the rest. How can I use the value in a custom field to run an iteration loop? Or is there another way to do this?

Thanks

• July 22, 2010
Is something like this possible? I have 3 objects. 2 are related via lookup. I'd like to compare the value of a field in 2 of the objects (unrelated) and if it matches, pull a field from 1 of those objects to update into a 3rd object (that's also not related to the one I'm getting the data from)

So it would be something like this: 
If Account.field = User.field then set ObjectC.field=User.field2. 
Account and ObjectC are related to each other via a lookup. The user would be unrelated to the account or ObjectC(not an owner, etc). 

• April 22, 2015

Trying to translate a button on a custom object, but it doesn't seem to be taking. I'm a system admin and set myself up as a translator. Any ideas what I should check to get this to work? I tried a 2nd button the same object as a test, but that one didn't translate either.

• October 08, 2013

Is there a way to remove the email button in the Document List View and the send email button in the document button?

If not what is the best approach to customize this using VF page?

Thanks

Trying to create a Master Detail relationship and I'm receiving a Time Limit Exceeded error. Anyone else have this issue before? This is in a dev environment with no data.

• October 24, 2012

I'm just getting into a SF admin seat so I don't have much Apex experience.

I want 2 fields in the opportunities object to be updated once a field in a custom object is updated.

When the text field in Object 1 (the custom object) is entered as complete, I need two seperate fields in the opportunity object updated.

I want status changed to approved and a custom checkbox to go from unchecked to checked.

Thanks in advance

Trying to find a way to sum up the values in a group of custom fields on a custom object. There's no master-detail so I can't use a Roll-up summary field. Is there anyway to handle this in Apex? There's about 30 fields I want to add together.

Thanks.

• July 22, 2010

I have 10 custom fields that I need to calculate values for. I will only be calculating a certain number of them based on the number in another custom field. For example if the value in number_of_parts__c is 6, I would only need to calculate the values for the first  6 custom fields and not the rest. How can I use the value in a custom field to run an iteration loop? Or is there another way to do this?

Thanks

• July 22, 2010