• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello all.  I am not sure if this is an issue with just our site, but when we are on the Account view and double click a field on the page to edit it and click the "Save" button it normally works.

However for one of our fields, a Phone number field, when we double click the field to edit it, and click "Save" we get a timeout error

Message: 'document.forms.echoScontrolForm_066A0000001MXsl' is null or not an object

Line: 143

Char: 1

Code: 0

This is only happening in IE 8.  Doesnt seem to be happening in Chrome and Firefox.

And finally, when we do click on the "Save" button, we see a "Saving..." button twice.  Does that happen to anyone else?  I see the button on IE 8 and Chrome.  Not sure if the issue is related to the one above.

Thanks.

• February 22, 2011

Hello all.  I am not sure if this is an issue with just our site, but when we are on the Account view and double click a field on the page to edit it and click the "Save" button it normally works.

However for one of our fields, a Phone number field, when we double click the field to edit it, and click "Save" we get a timeout error

Message: 'document.forms.echoScontrolForm_066A0000001MXsl' is null or not an object

Line: 143

Char: 1

Code: 0

This is only happening in IE 8.  Doesnt seem to be happening in Chrome and Firefox.

And finally, when we do click on the "Save" button, we see a "Saving..." button twice.  Does that happen to anyone else?  I see the button on IE 8 and Chrome.  Not sure if the issue is related to the one above.

Thanks.

• February 22, 2011

As many, I'm excited to deploy inline edits for Visualforce page, and while inline editing works, it's broken my google maps "related list".

This page was previously on api version 15.0. Prior to today, i've ran this form without <apex:form> tags. In enabling inline editing for VF, I've been forced to upgrade this page to API 21, and add <apex:form> tags as inline editing has to descend from this tag. Inline editing works! Google Maps breaks :(.

By viewing the errors in IE, i can break it down to this statement in the source:
<script  type="text/javascript">document.forms['echoScontrolForm_066700000004hqK'].submit()</script>

IE Mesage: 'document.forms.echoScontrolForm_066700000004hqK' is null or not an object

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to have broken because I have to explicitly define an <apex: form>! If i remove inline editing, and then subsequently the <apex:form> tags, it magically works again. Please see my very simple VF page below and let me know if I am doing something wrong, if there is an easier way to attain my goals, and how I can resolve this issue!

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true" title="Account: {!Account.Name}">
<apex:form id="theform">
        <apex:variable var="renderDistributor" value="{!if($User.ProfileId = '00e70000000viCR',false,true)}" />
        <apex:variable var="sentToInterface" value="{!if(Account.Sent_To_Interface__c = true,true,false)}" />
        <apex:variable var="sentToInterfaceTime" value="{!Account.Sent_To_Interface_Time__c}" />
    <apex:pageBlock rendered="{!AND(renderDistributor,sentToInterface)}" title="Information" >   

<table border="0.5" width="100%">

<tr>
                    <td bgcolor="pink">
                        <center>
                        <font color="red" face="arial">
                            <b>This customer was last queued for the interface on:&nbsp;<apex:outputfield value="{!Account.Sent_To_Interface_Time__c}"/></b>
                        </font>
                        </center>                
   <apex:detail relatedList="true" inlineEdit="true">
    </apex:detail>
    </apex:form>  
</apex:page>