• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Install Excel Connector XLA

The sforce_connect.xla is an Excel Add-In and not intended to be opened directly by clicking on the XLA file. To Install the XLA file into Excel:
  1. Launch Excel
  2. Click on the Tools menu bar
  3. Click on -> Add-Ins...
  4. Click on the Browse button, locate the Add-In file from the directory where you unpacked the ZIP file
  5. select the add-in and click OK to load it.
It says that click on Tools menu bar,I have office 2007 but I do not see tools menu bar.Guys ,how do I get Tools menu Bar in office 2007.Please help
Thanks,
Trick

Hi Friends,

I am trying to pull out data from one instance.Here comes the situation.I have,for example, 10 custom  price books in one instance and I just wants to move data under two custom price books to another instance.When I use data loader to export data from the custom price books I get  all data which is listed under 10 books including standard price book,I do not want that.Is there a way to just directly extract data under the two custom price books into the excel sheet.?Please help.

Thanks,

Trick

Hi Friends,

I am trying to pull out data from one instance.Here comes the situation.I have,for example, 10 custom  price books in one instance and I just wants to move data under two custom price books to another instance.When I use data loader to export data from the custom price books I get  all data which is listed under 10 books including standard price book,I do not want that.Is there a way to just directly extract data under the two custom price books into the excel sheet.?Please help.

Thanks,

Trick

Hi Friends,

I have etracted some data from one instance and i am trying to upload in another through data loader.

I have been able to extract data which is in Excel file and then I am able to upload to the standard price book and from there I want to move that data to custom price book names pps.

I have been able to load data to the standard price but Everytime I try to move data to the custom price book I get an err meesage in the excel sheet along with other data.

Product ID: id value of incorrect type: 01uC0000006HL0SIAW Product ID: id value of incorrect type: 01uC0000006HL0TIAW

Guys can any one of you tell me why am I getting this error what is that I am not doing correctly.Please help

Thanks,

Trick 12

Hi Friends,

I have etracted some data from one instance and i am trying to upload in another through data loader.

I have been able to extract data which is in Excel file and then I am able to upload to the standard price book and from there I want to move that data to custom price book names pps.

I have been able to load data to the standard price but Everytime I try to move data to the custom price book I get an err meesage in the excel sheet along with other data.

Product ID: id value of incorrect type: 01uC0000006HL0SIAW Product ID: id value of incorrect type: 01uC0000006HL0TIAW

Guys can any one of you tell me why am I getting this error what is that I am not doing correctly.Please help.

Thanks,

Trick12

Hi Friends,

I have to move data from Excel sheet to pricebook entry.I do not see products tab in the saleforce menu.I could see opportunittes and other options.I know I can access products from APP setup.But how will I add products from Excel sheet to the custom price book unless  I see products tab in the menu options.

I am not sure If I am making myself clear to you.Please help me as soon as possible,

Thanks,

Trick

• February 25, 2011