• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a pre chat form, and used the following three query tag:

• <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.query:Email" value="Contact,Contact.Email"/>
  • <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.query:Name" value="Contact,Contact.Name"/>
  • <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.query:PantherId" value="Contact,Contact.Student_Id__c"/>

The first two work but the last one does not.

Does anyone know where to find documentation about this queries? The developer guide only provided an example.

Is there a different syntax for custom fields?

I have a pre chat form, and used the following three query tag:

• <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.query:Email" value="Contact,Contact.Email"/>
  • <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.query:Name" value="Contact,Contact.Name"/>
  • <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.query:PantherId" value="Contact,Contact.Student_Id__c"/>

The first two work but the last one does not.

Does anyone know where to find documentation about this queries? The developer guide only provided an example.

Is there a different syntax for custom fields?

Hi Everyone,

According to the Live Agent dev guide, you can pass information through deployment code:

http://www.salesforce.com/developer/docs/live_agent_dev/index.htm

My question is, do you need this code to be hosted on a sfdc site?  What if my chat button is exposed on an external website?  Here is the code that they provide, but as you can see it is enclosed in an </apex:page> tag.

<!-- Deployment code --> 
<script type='text/javascript'
src='https://c.la-blitz01.soma.salesforce.com/content/g/deployment.js'></script>

<script type='text/javascript'>
   // An auto query that searches contacts whose email field matches “john@acme.com”     
   liveagent.addCustomDetail(‘Contact E-mail’, ‘john@acme.com’).map(‘Contact’, ‘Email’, false, true);
   // A fast-fill to populate a contact’s name with “John Doe”
   liveagent.addCustomDetail(‘Contact Name’, ‘John Doe’).map(‘Contact’, ‘Name’, true, false); 
   // Saves the custom detail to a custom field on LiveChatTranscript at the end of a chat     
   liveagent.addCustomDetail(‘Company’, ‘Acme’).saveToTranscript(‘Company__c’);     
   // Overrides the display name of the visitor in the agent console when enaged in a chat     
   liveagent.setName(‘John Doe’);      

liveagent.init('https://d.la-blitz01.soma.salesforce.com/chat', '572D0000000002R', '00DD0000000JXbY'); 
</script>  
</apex:page>

Thanks for any insight in advance.

-Andrew

I have a VF page sending a meeting request:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Consumables Test Event" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="JobContact__c"> <messaging:plainTextEmailBody > Dear {!recipient.Name}, Please attend the consumables test "{!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.Name}" for "{!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.Customer__r.Name}". Please answer by responding to this initation. </messaging:plainTextEmailBody> <messaging:attachment filename="meeting.ics" renderAs="text/calendar; charset=UTF-8; method=REQUEST"> BEGIN:VCALENDAR METHOD:REQUEST BEGIN:VEVENT UID:{!relatedTo.Id} <apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss'Z'}"> DTSTAMP:<apex:param value="{!NOW()}" /> </apex:outputText> <apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss'Z'}"> DTSTART:<apex:param value="{!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.EventStart__c}" /> </apex:outputText> <apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss'Z'}"> DTEND:<apex:param value="{!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.EventEnd__c}" /> </apex:outputText> SUMMARY:Consumables Test at {!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.Venue__r.Name} ATTENDEE;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE; CN="{!recipient.name}":MAILTO:{!recipient.email} ORGANIZER;CN="Consumables Test":MAILTO:ourservice@5pxvocu476wr7aep8oclraf47.in.sandbox.salesforce.com LOCATION:{!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.Venue__r.Name}, {!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.Venue__r.PrimaryStreet__c},{!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.Venue__r.PrimaryCityDistrict__c},{!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.Venue__r.PrimaryCity__c} SEQUENCE:0 PRIORITY:5 END:VEVENT END:VCALENDAR </messaging:attachment> </messaging:emailTemplate>

I works great - the recipient sees a meeting request an may clickAaccept or Decline in Outlook. There is an email service setup to catch the reply: ourservice@5pxvocu476wr7aep8oclraf47.in.sandbox.salesforce.com

Question is, I cannot figure out how to catch the UID in the answer in order to update the attendee in question. I've looked at email header, attachement etc. but no luck. I am pretty sure that somewhere I'll be able to retrieve the original UID is the response.