• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need to create a workflow field update to update multiple values in a multi select picklist. Is there any way to do this?

I'm new to Salesforce so this may be an easy one:

I would like to create a Picklist whose values I can manage in one place but will be included in multiple objects.

For example, I want to create a Picklist called End User Types.

It will have the values: Hospital, Restaurant, University, etc.

I want to add the End User Types picklist  to Account, Opportunities, Leads, and other custom objects. 

Most importantly, I don't want the user to have to do a Lookup of the values.  I want it to look like a regular Picklist within Account, Opportunities, etc.

It will show up as a dropdown.

But I can manage the values in one place rather than creating separate Picklists within each object (Account, Opportunities, etc.)

It seems that I can do this with custom java development, but that is beyond my skillset.  Isn't there another way?

Is there a way to delete multiple picklist values without having to click the del link next to each value? We have @50 values in our Source field on the Contact object and I would like to clean it out and start over. Is there a way to due this as a batch delete?

Thanks

• February 18, 2009