• Salesforce ® Certified Force.com Developer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi 

Whenever I add an apex:tabpanel component to a vf page the new Files related list upload button doesn't upload the selected file.  Once I remove the apex:tabpanel component then Files start uploading

<pre>

<apex:page standardController="Account">

<!-- component causing issue -->
    <apex:tabPanel ></apex:tabPanel>

<!-- classic attachments related list works regardless of apex:tabpanel component-->
    <apex:relatedList subject="{!account.id}" list="CombinedAttachments" />

<!-- new salesforce files related list doesn't work with apex:tabpanel component -->
    <apex:relatedList subject="{!account.id}" list="AttachedContentDocuments" />

</apex:page>

</pre>
Hi Everyone

I just want to find out some thoughts.  Is a 60KB viewstate okay for a visulaforce page.  I have 6 apex:tabs and when the page is fully loaded with data I get a viewstate up to 60KB.

Should I fdesparately find ways to decrease this or could I continue with a phase 1 rollout?

Thanks and appreciate your input.

Wayne
Hi 

Is there a way to do a Visualforce page redirect, that performs a http get request on the form fields but DOES NOT flush the viewstate.

I'm trying to pass the record type to a single, new instance of a Visuaforce page.

Wayne
Hi, I'm trying to create an externally facing visualforce sites page but my page is not requesting the user to choose a record type as is the case with a logged in user.  I have granted the public profile access to the record types but when going to the site, the record type is blank
Hi, I have a master-detail relationsip between a site and a venue field.  With my current code below the page preloads the picklists with these values.
User-added image

How to I get the ID of the selected site object so that I can populate the venues related to that particular site? 

Markup*
                    <apex:selectList required="true" label="Site" value="{!selectedSite}" multiselect="false" size="1" >
                        <apex:selectOptions value="{!SitesOptions}"></apex:selectOptions>
                    </apex:selectList>

<apex:selectList required="true" label="Venue" value="{!selectedVenue}" multiselect="false" size="1" id="myVenues">
                        <apex:selectOptions value="{!VenueOptions}" ></apex:selectOptions>

ControllerCode*
    public User currentUser = [select id, name, business_unit__c from user where id =: userInfo.getUserId()];
    public String currentUserBusinessUnit = currentUser.Business_Unit__c;
    public String selectedSite{get;set;}
    public String selectedVenue{get;set;}

public List<selectOption> getSitesOptions(){
        List<selectOption> siteOptions = new List<selectOption>();
        List<Site__c> siteList = new List<Site__c>();
        siteList = [SELECT Id,Name FROM Site__c WHERE business_unit__c =: currentUserBusinessUnit];

for(Site__c s : siteList){
            siteOptions.add(new selectOption(s.Id,s.Name) );
        }
        return siteOptions;
    }

public List<selectOption> getVenueOptions(){
        List<selectOption> venueOptions = new List<selectOption>();
        List<Venue__c> venueList = new List<Venue__c>();
        venueList = [SELECT Id,Name FROM Venue__c];

for(Venue__c v : venueList){
            venueOptions.add(new selectOption(v.Id,v.Name) );
        }
        return venueOptions;
    }

Hi 

Whenever I add an apex:tabpanel component to a vf page the new Files related list upload button doesn't upload the selected file.  Once I remove the apex:tabpanel component then Files start uploading

<pre>

<apex:page standardController="Account">

<!-- component causing issue -->
    <apex:tabPanel ></apex:tabPanel>

<!-- classic attachments related list works regardless of apex:tabpanel component-->
    <apex:relatedList subject="{!account.id}" list="CombinedAttachments" />

<!-- new salesforce files related list doesn't work with apex:tabpanel component -->
    <apex:relatedList subject="{!account.id}" list="AttachedContentDocuments" />

</apex:page>

</pre>
Hi 

Is there a way to do a Visualforce page redirect, that performs a http get request on the form fields but DOES NOT flush the viewstate.

I'm trying to pass the record type to a single, new instance of a Visuaforce page.

Wayne
Hi, I'm trying to create an externally facing visualforce sites page but my page is not requesting the user to choose a record type as is the case with a logged in user.  I have granted the public profile access to the record types but when going to the site, the record type is blank
Hi, I have a master-detail relationsip between a site and a venue field.  With my current code below the page preloads the picklists with these values.
User-added image

How to I get the ID of the selected site object so that I can populate the venues related to that particular site? 

Markup*
                    <apex:selectList required="true" label="Site" value="{!selectedSite}" multiselect="false" size="1" >
                        <apex:selectOptions value="{!SitesOptions}"></apex:selectOptions>

<apex:selectList required="true" label="Venue" value="{!selectedVenue}" multiselect="false" size="1" id="myVenues">
                        <apex:selectOptions value="{!VenueOptions}" ></apex:selectOptions>

ControllerCode*
    public User currentUser = [select id, name, business_unit__c from user where id =: userInfo.getUserId()];
    public String currentUserBusinessUnit = currentUser.Business_Unit__c;
    public String selectedSite{get;set;}
    public String selectedVenue{get;set;}

public List<selectOption> getSitesOptions(){
        List<selectOption> siteOptions = new List<selectOption>();
        List<Site__c> siteList = new List<Site__c>();
        siteList = [SELECT Id,Name FROM Site__c WHERE business_unit__c =: currentUserBusinessUnit];

for(Site__c s : siteList){
            siteOptions.add(new selectOption(s.Id,s.Name) );
        }
        return siteOptions;
    }

public List<selectOption> getVenueOptions(){
        List<selectOption> venueOptions = new List<selectOption>();
        List<Venue__c> venueList = new List<Venue__c>();
        venueList = [SELECT Id,Name FROM Venue__c];

for(Venue__c v : venueList){
            venueOptions.add(new selectOption(v.Id,v.Name) );
        }