• Vertafore

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I'm new to the Community and the SF Community cloud. I am currently taking the Admin Beginner courses, and there are times when I come across terms in the text that are not self-explanatory.

As example, in the Understanding Custom and Standard Objects module, the text says, under "Overview of Objects":

"Each table comprises a number of columns of a particular data type, such as text, number, or date. Information is stored in rows of the table. Tables can be related to other tables, using primary and foreign keys. Apps manage information by creating, reading, updating, and deleting rows in a table"

The problem is, I am not a database programmer, and I have no idea what primary and foreign keys are. They are not described in this document.
Is it relevant to what I am learning and if so, can someone please provide a description of these terms as they relate to the paragraph above?

Thank you for any feedback!

Hello,

I'm new to the Community and the SF Community cloud. I am currently taking the Admin Beginner courses, and there are times when I come across terms in the text that are not self-explanatory.

As example, in the Understanding Custom and Standard Objects module, the text says, under "Overview of Objects":

"Each table comprises a number of columns of a particular data type, such as text, number, or date. Information is stored in rows of the table. Tables can be related to other tables, using primary and foreign keys. Apps manage information by creating, reading, updating, and deleting rows in a table"

The problem is, I am not a database programmer, and I have no idea what primary and foreign keys are. They are not described in this document.
Is it relevant to what I am learning and if so, can someone please provide a description of these terms as they relate to the paragraph above?

Thank you for any feedback!