• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I've seen lots of questions about salary and earnings ranges for Salesforce admins.  I put together a survey to try to capture some information to share with the community.  It is an anonymous survey and I'll do my best to post updated results monthly.

Thanks
First and foremost, Professional Edition means no API access...

Can I build a web-to-custom object form without it, and if so, do you have any sample code?  I'm okay on the actual form code, just not sure how to write the scripting to direct the form data to a custom object. 

Worst case, can I collect the form data in an xls/csv file and then use DBAmp or sForce Connector to auto upload?

Many thanks,
Sara
I have PE.  Can I create a custom formula field, not add it to a page layout and still report on it?

Or, alternately, can I use the reporting tool to create an IF,THEN statement that compares the values within two fields? 

Basically looking for: If(OwnerID=LastModifiedBy),show my results,don't display

Thanks!
Sara
We would like to run reports that look at a Public Calendar in Salesforce.  (Criteria= Where Subject contains "XYZ")  Is this possible in PE?

Thanks!
Nobody seems to know anything about mail merging here but I'll try anyway...

I can mail merge my booking object fine, it brings back all of the information into the document. I want to get information that's link to the booking. For example, I need the customers address. The account object is linked to the booking object via the account lookup/id. Is it possible to merge fields from the account object such as address into my document?

Cheers
Hello everyone-

Alright. I am thoroughly confused. I have tried to read all the relevant posts re: installation problems and I am STILL having problems.

Here's the scenario:

I have installed the connector. When I click on any item on the sforce Connector toolbar in Excel, I get the following error:

The macro "C:\DOCUME~1\KMULL~1.TOR\LOCALS~1\Temp\PK108.tmp\sforce_connect_for_pe_xla'!sfDescribeandQuery' cannot be found.

This leads me to believe that it is not installed properly.

Here's what I have tried, without success:

1. I have confirmed that I have installed the PE version of the Excel connector since I am a PE customer.

2. I uninstalled the Office edition and the Outlook edition and installed the latest (i.e. Office Edition Version = 1.8.0.0, Outlook edition=3.2.

3. I installed the latest Office API tooklit

4. I tried uinstalling the connector as described in other posts.

5. I unzipped the addin to the desktop and installed it via Tools-->Add Ins in Excel. If and when prompted, I had it overwrite the existing version.

Comments/Questions:

1. The fact that the error message mentions the PK108.tmp directory leads me to believe that it is looking in a PKZIP temporary directory. Why?

2. Does a manual exist? Where can I find it?

3. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, please don't tell me to uninstall and reinstall everything. I have already done this.

4. What am I missing ?!?!

I have PE.  Can I create a custom formula field, not add it to a page layout and still report on it?

Or, alternately, can I use the reporting tool to create an IF,THEN statement that compares the values within two fields? 

Basically looking for: If(OwnerID=LastModifiedBy),show my results,don't display

Thanks!
Sara
From Karina Kaiser @ salesforce:

Because of the limitations on the formula field, this would require creating three fields: “Days Since Closed”, “Days Since Open” and “Age”. Only the “Age” field would be visible on the page layout the others would have to be hidden. 

Formula Fields with Number data type and zero decimal points. Below are the formula values for the fields. 

1. Days Since Closed  = TODAY() - {!CloseDate}
  2. Days Since Open = NOW() - {!CreatedDate}
  3. Age = IF(ISPICKVAL({!StageName},"Closed Lost"),{!Number_Since_Open__c} -  {!Days_Since_Closed__c},NOW() - {!CreatedDate})
Hopefully this will help you.
I'm curious, what is the salary range for a CRM administrator who will do some custom application work (custom objects, maybe some s-controls) as well as importing contacts, deduping, creating users, etc.

Thanks,
Peter