• 25 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there any documentation available for the new Chatter API? If so, I would appreciate any information that you can provide.

Thanks,
Phillip

Hi,

I want to develop an application in Adobe Flex (Web application running in SalesForce custom tab) which will allow me to upload content files to my salesforce account.

I have got a solution http://www.pocketsoap.com/weblog/2010/04/1845.html here using visualforce, but unfortunatelly Vf does not allow to select multiple files using same File selection box, which Adobe Flex can do using FileReferenceList colletion.

Does anyone has a code for uploading the content files using Adobe Flex toolkit for Force.com?

Hi,

This is a small VF bug I found when I was adding pageBlock section inside repeater control. I found that when I do so the maximize minimize functionality of page block section stops working.

Here is my code for the VF page

<apex:page standardController="ToDos__c" extensions="ToDosController">

<apex:sectionHeader title="Weekly View" subtitle="{!ToDos__c.Name}"/>

<apex:form > 
		<apex:pageBlock >

<apex:repeat value="{!lstInner}" var="ToDoItem">
				<apex:pageBlockSection title="Week {!ToDoItem.weekNumber}" columns="1">
					<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!ToDoItem.lstDailyItems}" var="dailyItem">
						Some <apex:column> tags here
					</apex:pageBlockTable>
				</apex:pageBlockSection> 
			</apex:repeat>
		</apex:pageBlock> 
	</apex:form>

</apex:page>

When  this page gets rendered minimize maximize functionality for all pageBlockSection tags was not working but was going js error.

I just added one more hidden page block section before my repeater and all pageBlockSections started working properly.

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Week" columns="1" collapsible="true" rendered="false"/>

This might not be a right way to overcome the bug, but it works.:manhappy:

Similar is applicable in many other cases.

For example if default calendar (datepicker) is not working for the Date type inputField inside pageblock table.(I have observed this for Task as a standardController). You add one Date type inputField as hide it. All datepickers on the page will start working properly.

Experts on VisualForce can give better solution than this.

Hi,

I want to create new fields in one of the custom object dynamically using Adobe Flex toolkit. As per documentation ot seems that it is not possible by usling Flex toolkit alone.

Do I need to use Metadata API for this. IF YES, then can anyone guide me how I can call metadata API from Adobe flex static resource (.swf).

I have also read about Adobe Flash Builder for Force.com, is this a tool for me to achive the above.

One more thing, if someone has a link for advance topics for Force.com toolkit for Adobe Flex please give me the link.

Thanks

Hello,

I am working as a Force.com developer from last few years and now realizing that its very important for developers to get certified because many organizations and clients prefer certified developers.

When I was searching for the SalesForce certification related stuff for developers for me and my team I found following useful links. Might be useful for the others too

This is what I found, but its not complete. Provide more links and sample questions if you have.Thanks in advance

Lanading page for certifications

Look at the bottom of the page for the study guides for varios exam types and levels.
http://www.salesforce.com/services-training/training_certification/certification/ 

For developer certification

http://www.salesforce.com/services-training/training_certification/developer/

Video Trainings from SalesForce
Following link has video traings provided by SalesForce
http://www.salesforce.com/services-training/training_certification/online/

However SalesForce also offers premier training material but which is paid, One can apply for it by clicking a link given at the bottom of the above url page.

More Links

Following site offers you more material and guide lines for the certification related stuff for free.

http://forcecertified.com/certifications/

This give you detailed information about the overall schema for the developer examination levels
http://forcecertified.com/category/certified-developer/
http://forcecertified.com/category/certified-advanced-developer/

More Video training material
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=325668840

Certification Blog
This also has some sample questions
http://mysalesforcecode.blogspot.com/2009/03/developer-401-forcecom-exam-tips.html

If you have more material or want to share any information or have any queris feel free to contact me @ rohit.marathe@trekbin.com

Hi,

Using unsupported url like this <SalesForce.com instance path>/userphoto?u={!userid}&v=1&s=T we can get the profile picture of the user. But this is not giving the latest picture always, because parameter v=1 that controls the version of the picture and there is no way by which we can get what is the current version number.

The code recipe given here http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Chatter_Code_Recipes says that soon there will be way available to get the latest user profile picture. 

Is there any update on this. If use object have a field to store the latest profile picture version, it will be very easy for developers to query it.

Thanks

Hi,

Is there any way be which I can query the fields and their order in Mini Page layout for given SalesForce object (Ex Account, Contact etc).

I can use Apex class and Flex for this. I want minipage layout fields with their order in my Adobe Flex application.

Is there a way by which I can add cutom buttons or links to the user's Chatter Profile page. To be exact, by default I get two links at the top of the Profile page User Detail and Help for this page, I want to add one more link before them, which will call some cutom VF page I have created..

One more additional question

When the latest version of the user's Profile page will be available to us using API?

Can we perform database operations on chatter related objects using the existing Adobe Flex toolkit version for Flex. If no then is the new toolkit available by which I can access chatter objects in my Adobe Flex applications? 
Hi,
I am sending emails through my Apex class(NOT VisualForce APEX class). The text body of EMail contains the hyperlink to one of my Visualforce page. But depending on the Salesforce account type the instance name in the URL changes.(Example: https://cs2.salesforce.com/apex/myTimeSheets).

In above case cs2 can be na1 or na2 depending on instance type.
Is there any method in APEX by which I can get the name of the SF instance?
This is very simple in SControl but I am not getting anything in Apex fopr the same.

Hi,
I am developing an apex class which is getting fired by a cron toolkit. In this Apex class I am checking for the name of the day for today(Example. Sunday, Monday etc.). I need to perform some database operations in today is the Wednesday. But I am not getting method in date object static and instance methods which will geive me the name of the day for  specified date. Can anyone tell me the syntax of such method. Please note that it should be Apex class method.
Thanks for the help :)
Hi
Using .net API I am developing an application to insert leads records into the SalesForce account.With each record I want to give a user facility to upload a file from his local drive which will be stored into the salesforce in association with the lead record.
Is there any way to achieve this?
Thanks

Hi all,
                    I am using ajax tookit Beta 3.3 to develop SControls.I am inserting large no. of records using AJAX toolkit.When script is busy doing the database operations, I want to display progress bar in browser window which will tell user about approximate time to complete the operation.What should I do to achive this?

My other query is about calback function parameter which is an optional parameter with every salesforce querty command.This callback function works well with IE but does nothing in case of Mozilla.Can anyone tell me the way to o the same in Mozilla.

Thanks in  advance

Hi,

This is a small VF bug I found when I was adding pageBlock section inside repeater control. I found that when I do so the maximize minimize functionality of page block section stops working.

Here is my code for the VF page

When  this page gets rendered minimize maximize functionality for all pageBlockSection tags was not working but was going js error.

I just added one more hidden page block section before my repeater and all pageBlockSections started working properly.

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Week" columns="1" collapsible="true" rendered="false"/>

This might not be a right way to overcome the bug, but it works.:manhappy:

Similar is applicable in many other cases.

For example if default calendar (datepicker) is not working for the Date type inputField inside pageblock table.(I have observed this for Task as a standardController). You add one Date type inputField as hide it. All datepickers on the page will start working properly.

Experts on VisualForce can give better solution than this.

Hi,

I am looking for a way to upload a document to a workspace. It does not seem that it can be done in the same way as uploading to the Documents tab or Attaching to a record. There is no body field accessible through the standard API so how to send to the content?

I came across the Bulk API, but this seems to be designed for uploading multiple records rather than ContentDocuments as there would be no exposed body field.

Any ideas on how to programatically contribute a local document to a workspace?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi,

Using unsupported url like this <SalesForce.com instance path>/userphoto?u={!userid}&v=1&s=T we can get the profile picture of the user. But this is not giving the latest picture always, because parameter v=1 that controls the version of the picture and there is no way by which we can get what is the current version number.

The code recipe given here http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Chatter_Code_Recipes says that soon there will be way available to get the latest user profile picture. 

Is there any update on this. If use object have a field to store the latest profile picture version, it will be very easy for developers to query it.

Thanks

Hi,

Is there any way be which I can query the fields and their order in Mini Page layout for given SalesForce object (Ex Account, Contact etc).

I can use Apex class and Flex for this. I want minipage layout fields with their order in my Adobe Flex application.

Can we perform database operations on chatter related objects using the existing Adobe Flex toolkit version for Flex. If no then is the new toolkit available by which I can access chatter objects in my Adobe Flex applications? 

Is there any documentation available for the new Chatter API? If so, I would appreciate any information that you can provide.

Thanks,
Phillip

Hi,
I am developing an apex class which is getting fired by a cron toolkit. In this Apex class I am checking for the name of the day for today(Example. Sunday, Monday etc.). I need to perform some database operations in today is the Wednesday. But I am not getting method in date object static and instance methods which will geive me the name of the day for  specified date. Can anyone tell me the syntax of such method. Please note that it should be Apex class method.
Thanks for the help :)
Hello,

I try to get formatted date string with day-of-week
by using Datetime.format method with timezone argument.

I want Japanese character day-of-week but It returns English day-of-week .
Do you have any idea?

Code:
public class PackageTestClass {

private String getDate(){
    Date dateWk = System.today();
    Datetime dt = Datetime.newInstance(dateWk.year(), dateWk.month(), dateWk.day());
    return dt.format('M/d(EEE)','Asia/Tokyo');
  }

static testMethod void testManualShareRead(){
    PackageTestClass ptc = new PackageTestClass();

System.debug(ptc.getDate());
  }
}

*My personal setting is like these:
 Time zone: Asia/Tokyo
 Language: Japanese

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi,
    I am trying to access a recordtype field in a Custom object.I have created two record types in this object.But I am not able to access it.In salesforce account it shows me as a standard field, but that same field is not seen in the sforce explorer and it gives me an error that the field does not exist while I try to update it.What could be the reason that I am not able to access the record type.Please suggest me a way to make a record type in Custom Object.
Thanks in Advance.!
Hi
Using .net API I am developing an application to insert leads records into the SalesForce account.With each record I want to give a user facility to upload a file from his local drive which will be stored into the salesforce in association with the lead record.
Is there any way to achieve this?
Thanks

I'm trying to get Visualforce enabled in my develop edition account.  I'm not clear on who to contact to request this, so I'm posting it here.  Sorry if this should be a direct-to-salesforce-email, but I imagine others are wondering the same thing.

The Force cookbook states:

Note:  As of September 2007, Visualforce is available as a Developer Preview only.

The product/functionality matrix on p.30 of the cookbook shows the "Visualforce Developer Preview" as being available to Developer Edition accounts.

I'm writing this post because it's not available in my dev. edition account, and I'm unsure how to get it enabled.   Neither the Setup > Build > Pages nor Setup > My Personal Information > Personal Information > Developer Mode options are available to me, so I assume it's the org itself that needs enabling.

Do I have to sign up for a new developer edition account?  That would be somewhat painful, as I have a fair amount of custom objects & Apex Code in my current dev. edition account that I want to use with Visualforce.
  • September 18, 2007
Hi ,
           I am using Eclipse 3.2.2 and trying to install the Apex plugin for the same,
but when the IDE connects to the remote site its shows an eror saying :
"Apex Eclipse Toolkit (8.0.2001) requires plug-in "org.apache.axis"."

Can anyone help on to this,

Your help would be really appreciated....

Thanks in Advance,
Angel.

Dear All;
                     I have created one SControl using AJAX toolkit to fetch the data from salesforce database and to display it in tabular format.As soon as I select filters and click the show report button the query starts fetching data from the database.During the query run the page gets freezed.
                    Actually I want to show the progress bar when query is busy.I tried this using javascript timer,usuing table in marquee, and some ready made progressbars available on net; but each time whenquery starts running every progressbar stops its animation(Movement) as the whole page, freezes.
                    I even tried with using callback function.It oks well when I show progrss in a form of text(percentage).But for progressbar it fails as timer stops working.
                    Can anyone give me the solution with example because I tried all the options in my mind.
Small example with explaination will help me lot.

Thanks in advance