• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Could somebody please let me how I can update field value with the use of a custom button?

• March 22, 2008

Hi,

I want to create a new class (controller) that is to be used by my VF page.

I clicked on Setup, then Develop, then Apex Classes, only problem is that there is no "New" button to allow me to create a new class....

Does anyone know why this is happening?

what can i do to fix this problem?

Thanks for the help!

mromani

I keep getting an upsert error, and i would really appreciate anyone who can help....

Basically im trying to upsert (update or insert) a contact. Now, firstly i created an Account, which is needed since every contact i have must belong to a Account, just like every Employee belongs to a Company.

The problem is that when i attempt this with the following code :

sforce.UpsertResult[] upResult3 = binding.upsert("ID__c", objList3);           (<-----ID__c is my externalID, thats not the issue)

i get the following error:

"Unable to create/update fields: Name. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile."

"Name" is the standard field that exists in Contacts which is a lookup to Accounts, it links the 2 together. Now the thing is im making these calls as a System Admin, so i cant understand why its not allowing me to do so.... why is it telling me i dont have the right security settings?? what can i do??

I keep getting an upsert error, and i would really appreciate anyone who can help....

Basically im trying to upsert (update or insert) a contact. Now, firstly i created an Account, which is needed since every contact i have must belong to a Account, just like every Employee belongs to a Company.

The problem is that when i attempt this with the following code:

sforce.UpsertResult[] upResult3 = binding.upsert("ID__c", objList3);           (<-----ID__c is my externalID, thats not the issue)

i get the following error:

"Unable to create/update fields: Name. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile."

"Name" is the standard field that exists in Contacts which is a lookup to Accounts, it links the 2 together. Now the thing is im making these calls as a System Admin, so i cant understand why its not allowing me to do so.... why is it telling me i dont have the right security settings?? what can i do??

Does an upsert always need a field that is an externalID?

I am trying to upsert a standard object (Account), in which i wanted to do it based on Account Name.

This is my code:

sforce.UpsertResult[] upResult2 = binding.upsert("Name", objList2);

but when i run it, it ends up saying "Field name provided, Name does not match an External ID, Salesforce Id, or indexed field for Account"

what can i do to fix this error?

Hi, my company has just joined SF, and we want to migrate our data from our DB to SF.

I already created all the structure (objects / tables) in SF, so now all thats left is to push my data into SF.

I wrote a .NET app which utilizes the salesforce API to add the data, but i just realized that we have a max 5000 api calls per 24hr.

So i was just wondering, is there a way i can do batch upserts, that way i dont go over the limit?

Sample Code: sforce.UpsertResult[] upResult = binding.upsert("LangID__c", objList);

objList is an array, so i was wondering, can i just add a bunch of objects in there and then make the call to do the upsert? Is there a limit to how many i can add in this array of Objects?

Whats the best way to go about this?

Thanks for the help!

Hi, my company has just joined SF, and we want to migrate our data from our DB to SF.

I already created all the structure (objects / tables) in SF, so now all thats left is to push my data into SF.

I wrote a .NET app which utilizes the salesforce API to add the data, but i just realized that we have a max 5000 api calls per 24hr.

So i was just wondering, is there a way i can do batch upserts, that way i dont go over the limit?

Sample Code:

sforce.UpsertResult[] upResult = binding.upsert("LangID__c", objList);

objList is an array, so i was wondering, can i just add a bunch of objects in there and then make the call to do the upsert? Is there a limit to how many i can add in this array of Objects?

Thanks for the help!

I was wondering if it is possible to create composite keys in Salesforce? And if so, how can we utilize this when writing an upsert?

For EX: Right now im doing the following to do my upsert:

sforce.UpsertResult[] upResult = binding.upsert("Name", objList);

but suppose i can have an object with a composite key, how would i do my upsert?

Thanks 

I was wondering if it is possible to create composite keys in Salesforce? And if so, how can we utilize this when writing an upsert?

EX: Right now im doing the following to do my upsert:

sforce.UpsertResult[] upResult = binding.upsert("Name", objList);

but suppose i can have an object with a composite key, how would i do my upsert?

Thanks 

Is there a way to create nested Master-Detail relationships?

Ex. 1 links to 2 which links to 3 (1 is detail an 2 is it’s master, then 2 is a detail and 3 is it’s master) Thanks in advance if you can help!

I would like to have the following: If i want to add a company with one or more contacts our Salesforce DB, then we take the usual route: Create Account (parent). Then we create a contact, and associate it the the Account (for business that is B to B).

But what if i'm doing business B to C. I dont want to create an Account with the name of the person, and then an extra record for the Contact info. Its like having 2 records pointing to the same person. In this case i'd like to only create an account (being the person) containing all relevant info, no need to create a contact since this person is the same.

Is there some way to do this?

I have heard about Person Accounts, how do they work? How can i create a new Person Account for each new customer i have for my B to C?

I would like to be able to use some sort of a service (ASMX maybe) to call, which will return info from a local DB or another DB. I know that since we cant directly access SQL Server, i thought there must be a way to use a service which can retrieve the data i want, and so i would like to know if there is a way of calling a method of a service i have...use the service the retrieve my local data, and pass it back to apex code or something....

Is this even possible? If so, how? (sample code?)

Thanks

I would like to be able to use some sort of a service (ASMX maybe) to call, which will return info from a local DB or another DB. I know that since we cant directly access SQL Server, i thought there must be a way to use a service which can retrieve the data i want, and so i would like to know if there is a way of calling a method of a service i have...use the service the retrieve my local data, and pass it back to apex code or something....

Thanks

Thanks

I was just wondering if there is a way to connect to (or make calls to) a WCF service from my Visualforce page or from some Apex code. And if so, how do i do it?

Thanks

I was just wondering fi there is a way to connect to (or make calls to) a WCF service from my Visualforce page or from some Apex code. And if so, how do i do it?

Thanks

I'm currently trying to access Salesforce from my asp.net page using the salesforce-dotnet api (Gaiaware).

But when i try doing a query (search for a name or another field or something) i get this error message (from within VisualStudio):

" Unable to automatically step into the server. Connecting to the server www.salesforce.com failed. The Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor (MSVSMON.EXE) does not appear to be running on the remote computer."

Also i get this error as well (right after it):

System.Net.WebException was unhandled by user code
  Message="The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error."
  Source="System"
  StackTrace:
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at Gaiaware.Salesforce.Utilities.GzipWebRequest.GetResponse() in C:\Documents and Settings\Techcenter2\Desktop\SalesForce Stuff\salesforce-dotnet-0-1\Gaiaware.Salesforce\Utilities\GzipWebRequest.cs:line 154
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
  InnerException:

I dont really know what to do to fix these problems...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I was wondering, is there a way to be able to access SQL from Apex or even VisualForce...

We'd like to retrieve some data from our SQL Server 2008 from a controller (in Apex), and seem to be stuck, not sure how to proceed or if it is even possible.

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

mromani

I was wondering, is there a way to be able to access SQL from Apex or even VisualForce...

We'd like to retrieve some data from our SQL Server 2008 from a controller (in Apex), and seem to be stuck, not sure how to proceed or if it is even possible.

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

mromani

I was wondering if there was a way to pass an object to a visualforce page.

I have a controller in my VF page and i make some controller method calls which need a record (or object) to do some work. So i would like to know if it is possible to somehow access an object or a record in my page, so that it can later be used by the controller i have.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I need help. I'm trying to change the value of a field by using a custom button. I would like to be able to do it using Javascript.

Using this code works: alert   (     {!Box__c.Box_Count__c } +1) ; which displays the current count of my variable.

But when i try something like this, it doesnt work... {!Box__c.Box_Count__c } = ( {!Box__c.Box_Count__c } +1);

I'm trying to add 1 to whatever the value of my count is.

Any help would be appreciated!

My email in case is mromani@robotshop.com

Thanks

Message Edited by Bulent on 11-25-2009 02:17 PM

Hi,

I want to create a new class (controller) that is to be used by my VF page.

I clicked on Setup, then Develop, then Apex Classes, only problem is that there is no "New" button to allow me to create a new class....

Does anyone know why this is happening?

what can i do to fix this problem?

Thanks for the help!

mromani

Sample Code: sforce.UpsertResult[] upResult = binding.upsert("LangID__c", objList);

Thanks for the help!

I would like to have the following: If i want to add a company with one or more contacts our Salesforce DB, then we take the usual route: Create Account (parent). Then we create a contact, and associate it the the Account (for business that is B to B).

But what if i'm doing business B to C. I dont want to create an Account with the name of the person, and then an extra record for the Contact info. Its like having 2 records pointing to the same person. In this case i'd like to only create an account (being the person) containing all relevant info, no need to create a contact since this person is the same.

Is there some way to do this?

I have heard about Person Accounts, how do they work? How can i create a new Person Account for each new customer i have for my B to C?

I was just wondering if there is a way to connect to (or make calls to) a WCF service from my Visualforce page or from some Apex code. And if so, how do i do it?

Thanks

I was just wondering fi there is a way to connect to (or make calls to) a WCF service from my Visualforce page or from some Apex code. And if so, how do i do it?

Thanks

I am using inputtext to get a value and then passing it to the controller, where i am using it to filter some lookup values. Though both the controller and VF page complie properly, i do not see the result appropriately.

Codes related to it

public String getassetval() { return this.assetval; } public void setassetval(String el) { this.assetval = el; } plist = [select Id from Product2 where Id in (Select Product__c from Account_Asset__c where name = :assetval)];

Would like to know if this is enough for it to caputre the text in the Inputtext and pass it the controller to use it in the query. If yes, how do i findout if the variable has the value or not. If not what is the correct way to proceed.

Thanks

KD

• May 27, 2009

Dear All

i am making a visualforce page in apex code and i want to create text fields dynamically only when user click on the button . Every time a user click on the button a new text field will be created on the visualforce page.

i will be grateful if you can help in this regards

Thanks

Raza

• March 13, 2009
Could somebody please let me how I can update field value with the use of a custom button?

• March 22, 2008
I login to salesforce.com developer, click Setup, Build, Code and then click Generate from WSDL.  I browse to our wsdl and then get an error.

The error I get is "Error: Failed to parse wsdl: Unknown element: import."  Does Apex support .Net 3.0 WCF services?

Ryan
  • January 18, 2008