• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi..

I have 2 fields on Account Object which are of data type Currency and Percentage.In my controller class method i need to calculate these values for some condition and store the value in some variable and display the variable value on VF page.

But, I am not able to declare a variable in controller class of  type percentage and Currency.

If i declare Double data type and store currency field values I will not be able to display in format for example  $2.8M

and  similarly I want to display percentage calculated in the format  76%.on the VF page

Can anyone please help me with this.

Would anyone know where I could find logical and physical architecture overview diagrams of Salesforce?

I could also use a very high-level information architecture diagram of how data could be brought back to us as a Salesforce customer.

Thanks a lot, in advance, for your response.

• July 16, 2010

I have created a custom button named addStudent  on class detail page. When i click on this button a pop window open.In this pop window there is a text box to add student name and a save button to save student of that class.I want that when i click on save button the exitsting window with text box and save button should be closed as soon as i click on that button and a student detail page open in place of class detail page.

Does anyone know a way to assign a numeric value to the days left in a year? I need to come up with a formula for Current Fiscal Year Revenue where CFY Revenue = [Days left in Current FY/365] x Order Amount  and I do not know how to get a numeric value for "Days left in Current FY" from Salesforce.

Thanks,

Laura

Hi all,

Is there any way so that i can add a value(s) to Forecast standard picklist field.

If yes, please guide me to achieve this.

Thanks in Advance.

• July 09, 2010

I have a unique request from upper management for a dashboard.  They would like to track new unworked leads that come into the system in hourly buckets.

Essentially we would have a table on the dashboard that broke down like this:

New Leads:

1 hour      ||   30

2 hours    ||   30

3 hours    ||   30

4 hours    ||   30

5+ hours  ||   30

---------------------

Total Unworked Leads || 150

The problem is that while the creation date is a date/time field I can't seem to calculate based on the hour of creation...just the date.

Anyone have any ideas?

Finally...can anyone tell me why this formula:

CloseDate - DATEVALUE(Orig_Lead_Create_Date__c)

...would always give me a value of "0"?

In theory if I had a creation date of 03/18/08 11:15am and a close date of 06/30/08 then this formula should strip the timestamp off and just leave me with 06/30/08 - 03/18/08...which equals 104....but that's not what I'm coming back with :(

Appreciate the help!

P.

Hi All,

We have a custom object called “Shipment” which we want to push data to the Account object.  Specifically:

On Shipment Object there is a formula field called

Cartons Picked Up - Last 60 Days:  If( TODAY() - 60 > PickupDate__c , 0, Expected_Cartons__c )

On the Account Object we have the same field: Cartons Picked Up - Last 60 Days  Ideally want this field to be a Roll-up Summary of the above field on the Shipment Object.  However since there is no Master-Detail relationship this is not possible, though using formulas one can connect the Shipment to the Account.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

--David

Sorry....probably a pretty basic question for most of you out there, but I am still learning.

I am setting up a small database for enrollment at my school.  I have setup the parents names as the "Account" and the children as the "Contacts" that are then tied to that account.

It would be helpful to me if I could identify siblings directly on the Contacts page.  In other words, I would like to establish a lookup field on the Contact layout page so that I could easily that John Doe has 1 sister and 1 brother.  However, when I try to do this it setup in a parent-child relationship.

I would like to be able to do the lookup, select the sibling record and then have it automatically update the siblings record as well.  So it wouldn't be a parent-child relationship but rather a daughter-daughter relationship.

Any ideas?

Hope this makes sense.