• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I´m trying to turn on chatter for only 3 or 4 users (out of more than 200) using permission sets.
I´ve created the permision set and assigned it to the proper users; but when I enable Chatter fo the entire organization everyone can use it.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Rosa Martinez
Hello,

I have a App with
standard objects, custom objects, view
triggers, apex classes,

this app is accessed by many a client.

I have need to implement same for other client, but i want that only his data is visible to client and other client must not see his data.

I thought of first implement new fields,
But htis will not work as the application is big and all the triggers will not be bale to be matched prperly.

Any suggesions ?

thank you
  • September 18, 2015
I have a call script page that has one <apex:form> element wrapping the content. However, I need to add an <apex:relatedList> element which apparently cannot be used inside of <apex:form> tags. My initial thought is to use different <apex:form> tag sets in order to insert the relatedList in between their usage.

My question is this... if you have multiple <apex:form> elements on a single page... will a commandButton with a {!save} action save all of them if not form ID is listed? 
Hi all,

I´m trying to turn on chatter for only 3 or 4 users (out of more than 200) using permission sets.
I´ve created the permision set and assigned it to the proper users; but when I enable Chatter fo the entire organization everyone can use it.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Rosa Martinez
All,
I have the button working 95% .....it creates a child opportunity from opportunity record.
Need help on the passing a specific picklist value from the  "Opportunity Type" field. It should alway be "Cost Extention" on the button. I am nearly there but for some reason it wont choose the picklist value.
I tried ", '. % etc.......
I think it is to do with the fact there is a space on the picklist or that it is a standard field (id is opp5....)
See url:
/006/e?CF00Nj00000090RAi={!Opportunity.Name}&
accid={!Account.Id}&CF00Nj000000A11J6={!Opportunity.Sponsoring_Funder__c}&
00Nj0000008zwUV={!Opportunity.Pact_Company__c}&
00Nj000000903bi={!Opportunity.Prime_or_Sub__c}&
CF00Nj00000090Px4={!Opportunity.Country__c}&
00Nj000000903bP={!Opportunity.Award_Type__c}&
00Nj0000008zsHX={!Opportunity.Implementation_Start_Date__c}&
00Nj0000008zsHh={!Opportunity.Implementation_End_Date__c}&
opp14=Cost Extention -- + {!Opportunity.Description}&
opp5=Cost%32Extention&
retURL={!Opportunity.Id}&RecordType=012j0000000pe0O&ent=Opportunity
Hi I am trying to add the campaign in the most recent opportunity to the account page. I am using a workflow rule with the output field update being equal to the campaign field (which is a Lookup). But instead of updating with the campaign value it updates with a code - which I'm guessing is the campaign ID.

Can anyone help?
I have the following problem that happens from time to time:

When I am doing development in a Sandbox and try to save a change to an APEX class, the developer console never finishes saving. I can wait forever, and the title on the editor tab continues to say 'Saving...'.

If I close the editor, it shows me a popup window with the title FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION and a message in Portuguese saying:

Failed to create deployment: Este contêiner está sendo salvo com deploymentId=1drZ0000001AMEs. Você não pode colocar uma solicitação na fila até que isso seja concluído.: ID do contêiner de metadados

My Salesforce is configured for Portuguese, and I don't have multilanguage licenses. Therefore, I'm stuck with poorly translated messages even in the developer tools. This makes it hard for me to search the web for possible solutions.

In English, the text of the message would mean something like this:

Failed to create deployment: This container is being saved with a deploymentId=1drZ0000001AMEs. You can't add a request to the queue until this is finished.: Metadata container ID

After the problem happens for the first time, I can never recover from it with the same user. Other users seem to continue being able to save code to the same sandbox.

In addition, after the first time, the problem persists even if I try to save code through an external tool like Mavensmate.

In my opinion, this is clearly a bug, but Salesforce's standard support plan doesn't even allow us to report bugs with developer tools.

For the meantime, I couldn't find any other solution but to delete the sandbox, create it again, and re-save all the code that I changed, class by class. Obviously this makes me waste a lot of time.
Is there a way to use a check box to make fields appear in force.com

I have a set of accounts in my group there some may have an extra designation based on whether or not you check a box

For Example you are going through your account set up and you create a field with a check box

Is Red? (check or no check)

If not Checked the account would look the same however if the Is Red is checked two other fileds would be displayed dynamically

What Color Red  (text)
How does it look (text)

Thanks,
Kurt

Hello,

I have a App with
standard objects, custom objects, view
triggers, apex classes,

this app is accessed by many a client.

I have need to implement same for other client, but i want that only his data is visible to client and other client must not see his data.

I thought of first implement new fields,
But htis will not work as the application is big and all the triggers will not be bale to be matched prperly.

Any suggesions ?

thank you
  • September 18, 2015

Hi,
   I have created three objects ie PATIENS, DOCTORS,and XOBJECT.In XOBJECT i have created PATIENS and DOCTORS LOOK-UP field.my question is when i will select the XOBJECT button,PATIENTS and DOCTOR relationship fields showing the matches were not found.please tell me the solution.

THANKS

RANGA

wats d approach for developer job,,,?
Hi
We need to engage a developer org, but are trying to find the balance between giving them access and potential exposure to Confidential Information. 
We will be relying on them for integration services as well as development services so the work should ideally be done on our full sandbox, but this does pose a security issue with our Cusotmer Data. Does anyone have any advice on how best to obfuscate the data, or any suggestions? 
thanks
Ryan
I'm trying to create a report where I need to sum the previous group values which is a fomula field. I'm trying to use PREVGROUP function and plugin the formula field name, but it says it's an invalid field.

My end goals is to create a report of revenue for each case (which is an incident) based on the billing records and the product on the billing record. One case can have many billing records and each billing record has one product (lookup to the Product object). I need to sum up the revenue based on the product from the billing because each product can have a different incident rate. I'm not really sure how to sum these up at each level.

The formula for the BillingProductRevenue field is:
(FK_Product2.Per_Incident_Hours__c:MAX*FK_Product2.Per_Incident_Rate__c:MAX) + ((Billing__c.Hours_Worked__c:SUM-FK_Product2.Per_Incident_Hours__c:MAX) *FK_Product2.Per_Incident_Overage_Rate__c:MAX)

Here's my report. for the first record at the case level, the total Revenue should be 174 + 116.50=290.50. That value should be at the account level as well since there is only one case. However, if there were two cases, I need it to sum up the revenue from both cases. Is this possible in the report? 

User-added image

Hi,
We want to solve a customer case problem with target time of 6 hours.

So the process rules logic is the following:
1. Agent log an incoming case and select case technical type (picklist value)
2. Agent select organization type (picklist value)
3. default Target resolution assigned for the case is 6  hours
4. Agent taking the call can't solve the case
5. Based on the rules above case will be automatically escalated to the 2 experts users identified in in the system
6. sending  an automatic task or an email alert message " please solve  this case by X  target date and time.." (calculating the default target resolution time for such type of case and subtracting the  date case was created in business hours)

As I understand that age over works for when t escalate it but not automatically calculates when case due date. What is the most efficient way to implement it? escalation rules, process builder, flow or Apex code? 

Thanks,
I have a call script page that has one <apex:form> element wrapping the content. However, I need to add an <apex:relatedList> element which apparently cannot be used inside of <apex:form> tags. My initial thought is to use different <apex:form> tag sets in order to insert the relatedList in between their usage.

My question is this... if you have multiple <apex:form> elements on a single page... will a commandButton with a {!save} action save all of them if not form ID is listed? 
How to make this validation rule enfore ALL shipping fields are populated?  I have so far...

AND( 
AND( 
AND( 
ISPICKVAL( StageName , 'closed won'), 
ISPICKVAL( StageName , 'closing likely'), 
ISPICKVAL ( Hardware__c, 'Hardware will be shipped' ), 
OR( 
ISBLANK( Account.ShippingAddress), 
ISBLANK( Account.ShippingCity), 
ISBLANK( Account.ShippingState), 
ISBLANK( Account.ShippingCountry), 
ISBLANK( Account.ShippingPostalCode)))))
I have a scenario: manager has 5 subordinates who created the records and the manager has approved them once ,then later he sould not be able to change the decision by logging in again,how could we achieve this. 
Hi,

I am trying to calculate the number of months between my contract start and end dates on an opportunity.  I would like it to calculate partial months though and it doesn't.  Can someone please help?
IF(DAY(Contract_Start_Date__c) = 1, (((YEAR( Contract_End_Date__c ) - YEAR( Contract_Start_Date__c )) *12) + (MONTH( Contract_End_Date__c ) - MONTH( Contract_Start_Date__c ) ) +1), ((YEAR( Contract_End_Date__c) - YEAR( Contract_Start_Date__c)) *12) + (MONTH( Contract_End_Date__c) - MONTH( Contract_Start_Date__c) ) )

Cannot get {!IF(ISPICKVAL(Case.Case_Language__c, 'Spanish'), 'here', 'there')} to do anything in a custom email template.

Is it possible to do this in HTML emails?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.