• Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I'm working with French users, and in French, log a call = "Consigner un appel", New Event = "Nouvel Evénement"

The thing is that on the quick action to log a call / create a new event, it only shows "Consigne....." and "Nouven é..." whereas there are plenty of place to display those words.

How should I do to edit the size of the display of those icons ?! Pretty bad user experience with this.User-added image
Hello,

I'm working with French users, and in French, log a call = "Consigner un appel", New Event = "Nouvel Evénement"

The thing is that on the quick action to log a call / create a new event, it only shows "Consigne....." and "Nouven é..." whereas there are plenty of place to display those words.

How should I do to edit the size of the display of those icons ?! Pretty bad user experience with this.User-added image
Hello everyone,
I am both a sharepoint and salesforce noob.

Quick background:
We currently using the Box widget to integrate file storage with box.   On that page of an opportunity is a frame that displays Box folder structure and whenever a new opportunity is created a new folder in box is created and linked to it.  If you go through box console you will see salesforce icon on the folder and if you hover, you will see opportunity record ID associated with the folder.  Salesforce users can then add/remove/view documents from with salesforce.  Non-salesforce users that have box accounts that just need to be able to view the records can do so via box account through box.  We are not renewing Box account and have migrated all other box data to one drive for business.  These salesforce documents will be moved to a sharepoint library.

I have read documentation with regards to salesforce files connect and have successfully worked with our sales admin to create an external data connection to our designated salesforce document repository sharepoint site.  I was also able to follow the documentation for dynamic linking and set up a custom column for that sharepoint library (designated to hold salesforce opportunity record id 15 digit ID), populate some test data in the column, take the crawled property and create a managed property from it, all the while our salesforce admin did the necessary work on the salesforce side.  

Problem:
I can copy the files from box to sharepoint no problem.  However, the custom sharepoint column that is meant to hold the opportunity record id will not be auto populated.  This means without any sort of automated script/coding, someone would have to key in the id for all the associated files in sharepoint one by one, or a designated person would have to go and make attachment of the files manually by going into opportunity and browsing to sharepoint external data source to attach each file.

Questions:
First, before even asking about ways to automate mapping/populating the opportunity record id to sharepoint custom column, what is the difference between just browsing and attaching vs using the dynamic linking via the salesforce/sharepoint custom column?  

Second, is there a way to obtain from salesforce a list of folders associated for each opportunity so I could some how use a name to id mapping as a list to then script updating files in the sharepoint library?

Closing statement:

I am also trying to determine if I can pull the id/folder relationship from Box too and have reached out to them.

Your thoughts, experience, guidance, and expertise are appreciated.  

Thanks,

Josh

I have a use case where I need to display a single chatter feed item.  Similar to what would happen if you clicked on view comment or item button in the standard salesforce chatter email when @mentioning somone.  

I've tried setting the entityID in the chatter:feed component to the feed item id that I'm trying to access. But the feed displays nothing.  However if I get the ParentID from the feed item and set the entityID to the parentID it shows the group feed where that Item exists.  Is there a way to display just the single feed item?