• 0 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I cannot figure out why my gmail and hotmail test users are not receiving emails from my sandbox.  I can receive emails to my system administrator account.  I checked the spam filters on the gmail account and even added @salesforce.mil to the safe senders list.

Are there settings that will block and email from arriving to gmail?  I checked the email log and it does show an email was sent, but it has not been received.

On a side note- my gmail account can receive salesforce emails from other salesforce sites.  

Any ideas?
  • September 28, 2021
I am developing a database for roughly 2,000 service providers to log counseling cases.  They are spread across about 200 locations, each with about 20-30 unique regions they need select when logging their counseling cases.

Knowing that Salesforce limits picklists to 1,000 options, I thought of another solution.  Will you please provide feedback on my solution?  If there is a more efficient way to accomplish the same goal, I'd love to hear it.

Solution I came up with:

-Each location (about 200 in all) would have a unique Global Picklist Value Set.  The Picklists contain the 20-30 unique region for each location.
-Each user is assigned to a Profile that is unique for their location.
-The Custom Object (Counseling Cases) would have a Picklist field that is linked to the Global Picklist Value Set for each location… so 200 fields for the "Counseling Cases" Custom Object
              --Each Profile is assigned a Custom Layout for Counseling Cases that ONLY displays their corresponding Picklist (which shows their zones)
              --Essentially, even though there are ~200 fields for the Custom Object, each user would only see their particular Picklist.
              --I created a Custom Field, called Zone, that contains a formula which grabs all 200 fields, and concatenates (or merges) them together for a particular entry… each entry will only have one entry in one of the 200 fields, so basically it grabs the Zone name regardless of which profile they have.
                             ---Creating this custom field allows any report or display to show one field (Zone) with the correct value, regardless of which profile the user had.
  • September 20, 2021
I cannot figure out why my gmail and hotmail test users are not receiving emails from my sandbox.  I can receive emails to my system administrator account.  I checked the spam filters on the gmail account and even added @salesforce.mil to the safe senders list.

Are there settings that will block and email from arriving to gmail?  I checked the email log and it does show an email was sent, but it has not been received.

On a side note- my gmail account can receive salesforce emails from other salesforce sites.  

Any ideas?
  • September 28, 2021