• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Adam or Others,

Could you please explain more about setting the soap header for SoapAction to ""?

I'm using asp (not .net) as well and am having problems setting the soapaction header. Is the soapaction header a property of the xmlHTTP object, or part of the actual soap request? I've tried to put in:

<code><SOAP-ENV:Header><SoapAction/></SOAP-ENV:Header></code>

after the starting envelope tag and before the opening body tag with no luck. Please help.

I can query the firstName, lastName, and email from contacts, but get an error anytime I try to query the businessPhone. The perl toolkit version salesforce-0.51 is being used, which was downloaded from majordojo.com (?) Compression is turned on, and soap::lite is in debug mode. Below is the request built by the perl toolkit in debug mode, and the response from sforce. Any help is appreciated.

SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: POST https://na1-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/2.5
Accept: text/xml
Accept: multipart/*
Accept-Encoding: deflate
Content-Length: 866
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
SOAPAction: ""

mcvxVjIskN8m4F000ljUzESVe8JKXvnDFkT5hMcM_vzU2kqUrVW5__Mj7_FfGOiBiN.V38H2iIIBuuZgF9S5lfbtzKggVlhL

select firstName, lastName, email, businessPhone, id from contact where lastModifiedDate > 2004-02-15

SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:23:44 GMT
Server: Resin/2.1.s030924
Client-Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:23:45 GMT
Client-Response-Num: 1
Client-SSL-Cert-Issuer: /O=VeriSign Trust Network/OU=VeriSign, Inc./OU=VeriSign International Server CA - Class 3/OU=www.verisign.com/CPS Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign
Client-SSL-Cert-Subject: /C=US/ST=California/L=San Francisco/O=Salesforce.com, Inc./OU=Applications/OU=Terms of use at www.verisign.com/RPA (c)01/CN=na1-api.salesforce.com
Client-SSL-Cipher: DES-CBC3-SHA
Client-SSL-Warning: Peer certificate not verified
Client-Transfer-Encoding: chunked

soapenv:Server
INVALID_FIELD: Invalid name: businessphone in Contact

INVALID_FIELD
Invalid name: businessphone in Contact

Hi,

I'm using asp Jscript to interface with the salesforce API. When the code was written, sforce was on version 2.0. We had no problems once things were up and running, and have been using the interface for about a month now.

Since last nights upgrade to version 2.5, the code has stopped working. We now get a "header not bound" error when logging in using the 2.0 code. If I change the header (old soap-env:Header) to it works, and I can log into the system. I have to do this for the body as well. I noticed that in 2.5 the header just contains and the hyphen is removed.

The problem I am now experiencing is querying for information. If I query for just "core" data. (account name, id, etc) I get results back fine. If I query using any custom datafields, I receive fault codes stating "invalid field". We have not changed any code for the last month, and when doing a describe on account, the custom field id's are identical to the their previous values. I cannot however query or select these fields even though they appear in the describe response.

We are using the 18 character contact and account ids. Any help is greatly appreciated as we are currently down.

Adam or Others,

Could you please explain more about setting the soap header for SoapAction to ""?

I'm using asp (not .net) as well and am having problems setting the soapaction header. Is the soapaction header a property of the xmlHTTP object, or part of the actual soap request? I've tried to put in:

<code><SOAP-ENV:Header><SoapAction/></SOAP-ENV:Header></code>

after the starting envelope tag and before the opening body tag with no luck. Please help.

I can query the firstName, lastName, and email from contacts, but get an error anytime I try to query the businessPhone. The perl toolkit version salesforce-0.51 is being used, which was downloaded from majordojo.com (?) Compression is turned on, and soap::lite is in debug mode. Below is the request built by the perl toolkit in debug mode, and the response from sforce. Any help is appreciated.

SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: POST https://na1-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/2.5
Accept: text/xml
Accept: multipart/*
Accept-Encoding: deflate
Content-Length: 866
SOAPAction: ""

mcvxVjIskN8m4F000ljUzESVe8JKXvnDFkT5hMcM_vzU2kqUrVW5__Mj7_FfGOiBiN.V38H2iIIBuuZgF9S5lfbtzKggVlhL

select firstName, lastName, email, businessPhone, id from contact where lastModifiedDate > 2004-02-15

SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:23:44 GMT
Server: Resin/2.1.s030924
Client-Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:23:45 GMT
Client-Response-Num: 1
Client-SSL-Cert-Issuer: /O=VeriSign Trust Network/OU=VeriSign, Inc./OU=VeriSign International Server CA - Class 3/OU=www.verisign.com/CPS Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign
Client-SSL-Cert-Subject: /C=US/ST=California/L=San Francisco/O=Salesforce.com, Inc./OU=Applications/OU=Terms of use at www.verisign.com/RPA (c)01/CN=na1-api.salesforce.com
Client-SSL-Cipher: DES-CBC3-SHA
Client-SSL-Warning: Peer certificate not verified
Client-Transfer-Encoding: chunked

soapenv:Server
INVALID_FIELD: Invalid name: businessphone in Contact

INVALID_FIELD
Invalid name: businessphone in Contact

Hi,

I'm using asp Jscript to interface with the salesforce API. When the code was written, sforce was on version 2.0. We had no problems once things were up and running, and have been using the interface for about a month now.

Since last nights upgrade to version 2.5, the code has stopped working. We now get a "header not bound" error when logging in using the 2.0 code. If I change the header (old soap-env:Header) to it works, and I can log into the system. I have to do this for the body as well. I noticed that in 2.5 the header just contains and the hyphen is removed.

The problem I am now experiencing is querying for information. If I query for just "core" data. (account name, id, etc) I get results back fine. If I query using any custom datafields, I receive fault codes stating "invalid field". We have not changed any code for the last month, and when doing a describe on account, the custom field id's are identical to the their previous values. I cannot however query or select these fields even though they appear in the describe response.

We are using the 18 character contact and account ids. Any help is greatly appreciated as we are currently down.