• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm using a web-to-lead form.  One of the custom fields in SFDC is a picklist.  On my web form,  I don't want a picklist,  but rather a text field.

Is there a way to dynamically build the picklist from the textfield values submitted by the web form?

In other words,  if the picklist was for 'favorite color', and the preset values were "blue", "red", and "green",  but someone enters "purple" on the w2l form,  "purple" is subsequently available in the SFDC picklist on the 'edit leads' pages?

Thanks! 

• August 13, 2009

I had developed a CMS integration with SF using the v.11 toolkit.  My clients recently upgraded their Linux server to Apache 2.x and PHP 5.2.9,  and my Salesforce scripts stopped working...

I'm trying to figure out the issue,  but looking at the Toolkit info pages on the API pages is leading me 'round in circles.

The v.11 toolkit requires 5.x  so this shouldn't be an issue,  right?  I thought I could just upgrade to the v.13 toolkit,  but this requires PHP 5.3,  which is not even production stable  (it is RC right now), and I really need relationship queries.

So,  do ANY of the toolkits actually support PHP 5.2.9?  And is there some sort of test script to ensure that the server is compatible with the toolkit?

The error I get with the most basic connect script, using the proper login/pass/token/ and enterprise wsdl,  is "Cannot connect to host".

The server software was compiled with Soap,  Curl, OpenSSL, etc.

Any troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks!

• May 02, 2009
Hey there,

I have a form on my site,  which is submitting cases to SF,  and then displaying the case details and email history (Case Activity Histories)  to my clients.

I'd like to add a 'reply to this case' version of the form.  With the php toolkit,  I'm able to query everything I need,  except for the last part of the email Subject.  From my SOQL query,  I'm able to build the subject field on my form as:

RE:  Case # 0001234 - The original subject here : ref00
...But,  can anyone tell me how to complete the "ref" at the end of the subject?  Where in SF does this come from?  When I look at the email I received in my email client (the automatic notification from SF),  there's a few extra  numbers there:

RE:  Case # 0001234 - The original subject here : ref00D78m0L.50077Fnph:ref

I just want SF to think that this mail,  generated by my web form,  is coming directly from the client's email app... Any ideas?

Tx!
  • November 20, 2008
Since I can't use "DISTINCT" in a SOQL query,  I'm trying instead to return the unique values of a picklist,  using the PHP toolkit.

In the Products2 table,  I am trying to query the distinct values from the Products2.Family picklist.  I am using a query along the lines of:

Code:
$fam_query = "Select Family FROM Product2";
$fam_response = $mySforceConnection->query(($fam_query));

foreach ($fam_response->records as $fam_record) {
echo "<h3>".$fam_record->Family."</h3><br>";
}

Rather than returning the unique values from the picklist,  it's returning multiple family names (I guess for each product in the Products2 table?? Not sure).  So instead of:

Code:
Product Family One
Product Family Two
Product Family Three
Product Family Four

I am getting:
Code:
Product Family One
Product Family One
Product Family One
Product Family Two
Product Family Two
Product Family Two
Product Family Two
Product Family Two
Product Family Three

I am stumped... I really just want to return the families as headers and then display the products (assets) under each family header.

Any ideas?

• September 27, 2008

I'm using a web-to-lead form.  One of the custom fields in SFDC is a picklist.  On my web form,  I don't want a picklist,  but rather a text field.

Is there a way to dynamically build the picklist from the textfield values submitted by the web form?

In other words,  if the picklist was for 'favorite color', and the preset values were "blue", "red", and "green",  but someone enters "purple" on the w2l form,  "purple" is subsequently available in the SFDC picklist on the 'edit leads' pages?

Thanks! 

• August 13, 2009

I had developed a CMS integration with SF using the v.11 toolkit.  My clients recently upgraded their Linux server to Apache 2.x and PHP 5.2.9,  and my Salesforce scripts stopped working...

I'm trying to figure out the issue,  but looking at the Toolkit info pages on the API pages is leading me 'round in circles.

The v.11 toolkit requires 5.x  so this shouldn't be an issue,  right?  I thought I could just upgrade to the v.13 toolkit,  but this requires PHP 5.3,  which is not even production stable  (it is RC right now), and I really need relationship queries.

So,  do ANY of the toolkits actually support PHP 5.2.9?  And is there some sort of test script to ensure that the server is compatible with the toolkit?

The error I get with the most basic connect script, using the proper login/pass/token/ and enterprise wsdl,  is "Cannot connect to host".

The server software was compiled with Soap,  Curl, OpenSSL, etc.

Any troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks!

• May 02, 2009
Hey there,

I have a form on my site,  which is submitting cases to SF,  and then displaying the case details and email history (Case Activity Histories)  to my clients.

I'd like to add a 'reply to this case' version of the form.  With the php toolkit,  I'm able to query everything I need,  except for the last part of the email Subject.  From my SOQL query,  I'm able to build the subject field on my form as:

RE:  Case # 0001234 - The original subject here : ref00
...But,  can anyone tell me how to complete the "ref" at the end of the subject?  Where in SF does this come from?  When I look at the email I received in my email client (the automatic notification from SF),  there's a few extra  numbers there:

RE:  Case # 0001234 - The original subject here : ref00D78m0L.50077Fnph:ref

I just want SF to think that this mail,  generated by my web form,  is coming directly from the client's email app... Any ideas?

Tx!
  • November 20, 2008
Since I can't use "DISTINCT" in a SOQL query,  I'm trying instead to return the unique values of a picklist,  using the PHP toolkit.

In the Products2 table,  I am trying to query the distinct values from the Products2.Family picklist.  I am using a query along the lines of:

Code:
$fam_query = "Select Family FROM Product2";
$fam_response = $mySforceConnection->query(($fam_query));

foreach ($fam_response->records as $fam_record) {
echo "<h3>".$fam_record->Family."</h3><br>";
}

Rather than returning the unique values from the picklist,  it's returning multiple family names (I guess for each product in the Products2 table?? Not sure).  So instead of:

Code:
Product Family One
Product Family Two
Product Family Three
Product Family Four

I am getting:
Code:
Product Family One
Product Family One
Product Family One
Product Family Two
Product Family Two
Product Family Two
Product Family Two
Product Family Two
Product Family Three

I am stumped... I really just want to return the families as headers and then display the products (assets) under each family header.

Any ideas?

• September 27, 2008
I am looking to use our salesforce data base as our websites data base as well. I am hoping to use it so clients can log-in at our website, and then access other pasts of the site. Does anyone have a sugetion on the best way to haddle this?

Thank you for your help