• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to do an upsert into the Accounts table using the API, using the exact same code that I use on another server to do the same.  In this case the result is coming back empty, and the data is not being placed into the Account records.

I have checked the following:
  • The unique external ID is in fact unique, so the upsert should be essentially an insert.  Even were that not the case, however, I imagine I should get a non-empty result containing information about the already existing record.
  • The connection is being made, and here's how I know:  If I try defining the sObject with a field that is not defined in my SFDC account, I get an error about the non-existent field.  I am using the partner.wsdl.xml, not the enterprise.wsdl.xml, so there is no record on *my* server as to the existence of fields.  Therefore a connection is being made.
Please help.  Thank you.
John
  • December 04, 2007
    It would seem that the begin time of an event is not a field that is available for use in a formula field (i.e. I can't find a field like {!Event.Date}.  Am I missing something?

Thank you,
John
  • February 12, 2007
We are a small startup company (with cash, don't worry!) looking to offer a free trial of our subscription-based software service and put the sign-up process for that process on the web so that it won't require us.  We are looking for someone who can integrate this process with our salesforce.com database (capture and validate data really), someone with a strong knowledge of potential security risks (Although we are not in an extremely high profile industry, we still want to keep honest people honest.).  I have written a VERY detailed spec document on the project, and I'd be happy to share it with anyone who is interested.

Thank you,
John

Message Edited by JLAW17 on 02-14-2007 10:01 AM

• February 12, 2007
Hi,

I'm new to the salesforce.com development thing, and I've been playing around with S-controls and finding them very useful for accomplishing many things, but I'm wondering this...

Is there a description of the various actions that one wants to perform from a URI call and how to code them.  For example, I know that a call to na1.salesforce.com/500/.... will cause the creation of a case for the contact or lead whose info appears after the 500/, but where would I look to see a comprehensive list of what can be accomplished how?  Is there a chart/table somewhere?

For instance I want to convert leads to contacts and populate certain fields with form data, etc.

Thank you.

John
  • January 17, 2007
    It would seem that the begin time of an event is not a field that is available for use in a formula field (i.e. I can't find a field like {!Event.Date}.  Am I missing something?

Thank you,
John
  • February 12, 2007
Hi,

I'm new to the salesforce.com development thing, and I've been playing around with S-controls and finding them very useful for accomplishing many things, but I'm wondering this...

Is there a description of the various actions that one wants to perform from a URI call and how to code them.  For example, I know that a call to na1.salesforce.com/500/.... will cause the creation of a case for the contact or lead whose info appears after the 500/, but where would I look to see a comprehensive list of what can be accomplished how?  Is there a chart/table somewhere?

For instance I want to convert leads to contacts and populate certain fields with form data, etc.

Thank you.

John
  • January 17, 2007