• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I dont know if this is the rigth Board to post this question.

I've downloaded and installed the Campaign Timeline Calendar 1.1 Appexchange and it work wonderful!

Now, I need to customize some of the functionality and tweak some stuff here and there specially the look and feel and the export functionality.

How can i get to do this? I looked for the source code  in the Code Share website but is not listed.

So, how can I customize this appex?

Hi everyone,

I need to make the Account Name field in the accounts tab read-only or make it not visible for a specific profile.

I've created a custom profile called Advance User. This profile has Edit rights but it doesn't have Create rights on accounts. When a user under this profile clicks on the edit button on the account’s detail page, the user can edit/change the name of the account (which is not good!).

I've tried setting up field-level security and in the page layout but neither of them allow me to change the account name field to read-only.

I even created a new layout and I assigned it to this profile, created a custom Formula (Text) field with the account name information; then included this new field in the new layout to replace the standard account name field and now the standard account name can’t be taken out of the layout. Is not allow either.

So, can anyone help me sort this out? I don’t want the Advance Users to change the name of the account.

I also tried a validation rule ischange() but standard fields doesn’t allow validation rules.

Any clues?

Hello everyone!!!

I've been trying for two days to create a different layout for edting purposes only without any luck even with the online help.

Here are the specifics.... I have enterprise edition and I've created two custom field CfieldA and CfieldB. In addition, I created a custom formula field called CfieldF.

Now, CfieldF is the field displayed in the layout and is equal to concatenate(CfieldA&" "&CfieldB). When I click the edit button I would like to hide CfieldF and show CfieldA and CfieldB, so the user can type the proper information on each field.

How can I acomplish this? Any Ideas? I've tried to use record types but didn't quite work the way i wanted tho' :(

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've been using the Excel connector for quite a bit now, but now i need to connect to another database and i'm getting this error and is not letting me connect. I still can connect to my original database.

Error -> Error Generated by Request::API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner ExceptionCode : 5069

Can anyone tell me how to fix this or pint me in the right direction to solve this problem.

thanks in advance for your help.
Hello to everyone!!!!

I'm trying to export info from SFDC into Excel using the connector. After I hit the run query button I get the following message.

"Error generated by request::duplicate field selected: Hours_worked_c
 ExceptionCode: 5077"

Can anyone tell me what the problem is or point me to the right direction to where I can find a list of Exceptions codes and possible resolution?

Just for the record, this field Hours_worked_c, is not even select in the query.

Igor

I dont know if this is the rigth Board to post this question.

I've downloaded and installed the Campaign Timeline Calendar 1.1 Appexchange and it work wonderful!

Now, I need to customize some of the functionality and tweak some stuff here and there specially the look and feel and the export functionality.

How can i get to do this? I looked for the source code  in the Code Share website but is not listed.

So, how can I customize this appex?

Hi everyone,

I need to make the Account Name field in the accounts tab read-only or make it not visible for a specific profile.

I've created a custom profile called Advance User. This profile has Edit rights but it doesn't have Create rights on accounts. When a user under this profile clicks on the edit button on the account’s detail page, the user can edit/change the name of the account (which is not good!).

I've tried setting up field-level security and in the page layout but neither of them allow me to change the account name field to read-only.

I even created a new layout and I assigned it to this profile, created a custom Formula (Text) field with the account name information; then included this new field in the new layout to replace the standard account name field and now the standard account name can’t be taken out of the layout. Is not allow either.

So, can anyone help me sort this out? I don’t want the Advance Users to change the name of the account.

I also tried a validation rule ischange() but standard fields doesn’t allow validation rules.

Any clues?

Hello everyone!!!

I've been trying for two days to create a different layout for edting purposes only without any luck even with the online help.

Here are the specifics.... I have enterprise edition and I've created two custom field CfieldA and CfieldB. In addition, I created a custom formula field called CfieldF.

Now, CfieldF is the field displayed in the layout and is equal to concatenate(CfieldA&" "&CfieldB). When I click the edit button I would like to hide CfieldF and show CfieldA and CfieldB, so the user can type the proper information on each field.

How can I acomplish this? Any Ideas? I've tried to use record types but didn't quite work the way i wanted tho' :(