• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there any way the Excel Connector (or any other method) can extract the URL's (and Report Names) of Production reports?  I would like to create a spreadsheet that replicates the functionality of the Reports tab in SalesForce, i.e.: a list of reports, by name, with their URL's so that I can run them any time I choose.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I could really use some help.

My record has an Expiration Date field.  Is there any way to automatically change ANOTHER FIELD on the SAME record (Status, for example) when the system date becomes greater than the Expiration Date?  Status is a PickList field with values of (among others) 'Production' and 'Expired' and I'd like this switch to be done automatically based on the date.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I have tried to build a query that would allow me to interrogate a field, defined as a date, against the current date value (which I believe is "TODAY").  I keep getting the following error:
Error generated by request::
Select id from Asset where Station_Expiration__c < 2008-07-09T00:00:00.000Z

Error at Row:1:Column:29
value of filter criterion for field 'Station_Expiration__c must be of type date and should not be enclosed in quotes
ExceptionCode : 5077

Please help.

Mike

Here's my situation:
- My hierarchy is as follows: an ACCOUNT can have 1 or more CONTACT records and a CONTACT can have 1 or more ASSET records
- I created custom numeric fields on the ACCOUNT record (to hold the group-level totals)
- I have fields on the ASSET record that I want to see totalled and kept on the ACCOUNT record
- My accumulations (+ and -) are based on change of the Status field on the ASSET record, I created a 'Copy_of_Status' field on the ASSET record, and a Workflow rule to copy the Status to Copy_of_Status.
- I tried to create workflow rules that will accumulate the ASSET record's detail fields to their group-level counterparts on the ACCOUNT record based on a change of the 'Copy_of_Status' field. 
- I cannot seem to get the ability to interrogate and/or modify fields on two different Record types. 
- If I define the Object of the Rule as 'ASSET' I do not have access to the fields I need from the ACCOUNT record. 
- This is true even if I try to define a formula based on ACCOUNT.field_I_need (where field_I_need is defined on the ASSET record). 
- I tried "reversing" the Rule, making the Object of the Rule the ACCOUNT record and trying to access ASSET.field_I_need with no success.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.  Mike
I have formatted my display fields with great care.  However, when my user goes into EDIT, the screen seems to do it's own thing.  Is there any way that I can sequence the fields presented fore editing?  (I'd like to be able to seperate them into logical groups, if possible.)

Thanks in advance,

Mike
I want to create a custom field to contain the UserID of the person who last changed either of 2 key fields.  My attempts have gotten me as far as "ISCHANGED () IS NOT ALLOWED FOR THIS TYPE OF FIELD".  Now I'm stuck.  Can anyone unstick me?:smileyvery-happy:
Here's a problem making me pull my hair out (which is a problem as I do not have any to spare!):

I created a simple field on my ASSET records called 'Net_$'. 
It is calculated using the following formula: 'Net_$ = (Gross_$ - Adj_$)'. 
When I change either Gross_$ or Adj_$, Net_$ on the ASSET records changes (which is what I would have expected).  HOWEVER, if I make this change and then look at that ASSET record in a report, it STILL SHOWS THE "OLD" VALUE! 

Is it a timing issue? 
Am I doing something wrong?

(I tried logging off then back on, being in the report and not being in the report at the time of the update, using the 'REFRESH' as well as re-creating the report, all to no avail.)

I could REALLY use some help.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I could really use some help.

My record has an Expiration Date field.  Is there any way to automatically change ANOTHER FIELD on the SAME record (Status, for example) when the system date becomes greater than the Expiration Date?  Status is a PickList field with values of (among others) 'Production' and 'Expired' and I'd like this switch to be done automatically based on the date.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I have tried to build a query that would allow me to interrogate a field, defined as a date, against the current date value (which I believe is "TODAY").  I keep getting the following error:
Error generated by request::
Select id from Asset where Station_Expiration__c < 2008-07-09T00:00:00.000Z

Error at Row:1:Column:29
value of filter criterion for field 'Station_Expiration__c must be of type date and should not be enclosed in quotes
ExceptionCode : 5077

Please help.

Mike

I want to create a custom field to contain the UserID of the person who last changed either of 2 key fields.  My attempts have gotten me as far as "ISCHANGED () IS NOT ALLOWED FOR THIS TYPE OF FIELD".  Now I'm stuck.  Can anyone unstick me?:smileyvery-happy:
Here's a problem making me pull my hair out (which is a problem as I do not have any to spare!):

I created a simple field on my ASSET records called 'Net_$'. 
It is calculated using the following formula: 'Net_$ = (Gross_$ - Adj_$)'. 
When I change either Gross_$ or Adj_$, Net_$ on the ASSET records changes (which is what I would have expected).  HOWEVER, if I make this change and then look at that ASSET record in a report, it STILL SHOWS THE "OLD" VALUE! 

Is it a timing issue? 
Am I doing something wrong?

(I tried logging off then back on, being in the report and not being in the report at the time of the update, using the 'REFRESH' as well as re-creating the report, all to no avail.)

I could REALLY use some help.

Thanks in advance,

Mike