• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Can someone help me figure out the right "grammar" for the following?  I need to create this formula only for one record type.  I have tried several formats without any success.

Thanks.

AND(

IF(

CASE( StageName , "Stage to be Required 1", 1, "Budgetary Quote Presented", 1, "Application Submitted", 1, "Application Completed", 1, "Quote/Prodef Completed", 1, "Samples Approved/Accepted", 1, "Customer Visit to FOBA", 1, "Finalizing Product Specifications", 1, "Negotiation/Review", 1, "Won Order, PO Pending", 1, "Closed Lost", 1, "Closed Won", 1, "Project on Hold", 1, "Project Identified and Qualified", 1, 0))

($RecordType.Id "01250000000DcDc",1,0))

• March 24, 2009
Is there any way that I can set up an Account validation rule to ensure that one Contact record is created for an Account if Type equals Prospect or Customer?  I actually wanted to create an Opportunity validation rule to ensure that there is one contact for the related Account of the Opportunity.  I could not see a way.
  • March 20, 2009

I am one of those people that is a good problem solver, can think out of the box, but can't write formulas if my life depended on it. 

I am trying to create a formula for a workflow that includes the following criteria:

If a custom field (Revision_Number_c) contains "A", and the Record Type contains "XYZ Picklist", and Last Modified By value does not equal the Opportunity Owner value.

Here is my try at the formula so far:

IF(

CONTAINS(Revision_Number_c,"A")AND(RecordType,"XYZ Picklist")

AND(LastModifiedBy Value???  (Owner...

I give up.  Can some formula guru help me out?

Also, can anyone give me some advise on where I can get some free lessons?  I have reviewed the SF video in Training.  Too simple (even for me :smileytongue:). 

• March 12, 2009

We currently send out emails to Case Contacts to let them know the case number assigned to them.  We use this with Email Alerts using an email template (more professional looking).  Problem is, the cases are assigned to a queue and we would like the email to show that it is from our generic service email address rather than the email address from the Case "Creator".

Anyone have any ideas on how this may be done?

• February 24, 2009

I would like to create a workflow for the following:

Change Account Type field to "Customer" if Opportunity is Won.  I think I need to create a workflow rule for Opportunities and a field update for Account.  But from what I have read, I need to use a formula for cross objects.  I am stymied as to how to set this up.  Can someone help me?

• February 17, 2009
If I change the criteria of a time-based workflow, does it nullify the ones in the workflow queue?
  • September 10, 2008
I would like to know if there is a way to stop a user from closing a case if there is an open activity OR if there is a specific status (not recieved) on a Shipment in the related list section.

Any ideas?
  • August 29, 2008

Can someone help me figure out the right "grammar" for the following?  I need to create this formula only for one record type.  I have tried several formats without any success.

Thanks.

AND(

IF(

CASE( StageName , "Stage to be Required 1", 1, "Budgetary Quote Presented", 1, "Application Submitted", 1, "Application Completed", 1, "Quote/Prodef Completed", 1, "Samples Approved/Accepted", 1, "Customer Visit to FOBA", 1, "Finalizing Product Specifications", 1, "Negotiation/Review", 1, "Won Order, PO Pending", 1, "Closed Lost", 1, "Closed Won", 1, "Project on Hold", 1, "Project Identified and Qualified", 1, 0))

($RecordType.Id "01250000000DcDc",1,0))

• March 24, 2009
Is there any way that I can set up an Account validation rule to ensure that one Contact record is created for an Account if Type equals Prospect or Customer?  I actually wanted to create an Opportunity validation rule to ensure that there is one contact for the related Account of the Opportunity.  I could not see a way.
  • March 20, 2009

I am one of those people that is a good problem solver, can think out of the box, but can't write formulas if my life depended on it. 

I am trying to create a formula for a workflow that includes the following criteria:

If a custom field (Revision_Number_c) contains "A", and the Record Type contains "XYZ Picklist", and Last Modified By value does not equal the Opportunity Owner value.

Here is my try at the formula so far:

IF(

CONTAINS(Revision_Number_c,"A")AND(RecordType,"XYZ Picklist")

AND(LastModifiedBy Value???  (Owner...

I give up.  Can some formula guru help me out?

Also, can anyone give me some advise on where I can get some free lessons?  I have reviewed the SF video in Training.  Too simple (even for me :smileytongue:). 

• March 12, 2009

We currently send out emails to Case Contacts to let them know the case number assigned to them.  We use this with Email Alerts using an email template (more professional looking).  Problem is, the cases are assigned to a queue and we would like the email to show that it is from our generic service email address rather than the email address from the Case "Creator".

Anyone have any ideas on how this may be done?

• February 24, 2009

I would like to create a workflow for the following:

Change Account Type field to "Customer" if Opportunity is Won.  I think I need to create a workflow rule for Opportunities and a field update for Account.  But from what I have read, I need to use a formula for cross objects.  I am stymied as to how to set this up.  Can someone help me?

• February 17, 2009
Warning: Shameless self-promotion!  :smileywink:

Check out our live webinar this Wednesday to see how you can leverage formulas, workflow, and approvals to make your applications smarter.  Click here to register!

During the free live webinar, you will:

• Get up to speed on the latest Force.com capabilities for admins, new developers and business analysts
  • Pose your toughest questions to the expert product managers behind these platform features
  • Whet your appetite with a sneak peek at new features coming in the Winter '09 release
  • Learn how to build a complete, complex approval workflow