• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'd like to create a field which rates a lead 1 thru 10 depending upon certain criteria.

99% of our leads come from our web to salesforce form and therefore one of the criteria is the search term the lead used in Google to find us.

This is in a custom object called Search_Phrase which has a field called search phrase, created by the Adwords to SalesForce app.

Although theoretically there could be many search phrases per lead, practically there is only one.

I was hoping that I could do something with some clever custom fields, but it seems that it's just not possible and so I assume some Apex is required. Although I am a developer with over 20 years experience, I've never written anything using apex and so I'm not sure what I need to do and thus any help would be good.

As a start I just want to do something simple such as (in pseudo code)

if search_phrase.searchphrase contains "mysoftware" then rating = rating + 1;

if search_phrase.searchphrase contains "crack" then rating = rating - 10;

return rating;

Many thanks

David

I'd like to create a field which rates a lead 1 thru 10 depending upon certain criteria.

99% of our leads come from our web to salesforce form and therefore one of the criteria is the search term the lead used in Google to find us.

This is in a custom object called Search_Phrase which has a field called search phrase, created by the Adwords to SalesForce app.

Although theoretically there could be many search phrases per lead, practically there is only one.

I was hoping that I could do something with some clever custom fields, but it seems that it's just not possible and so I assume some Apex is required. Although I am a developer with over 20 years experience, I've never written anything using apex and so I'm not sure what I need to do and thus any help would be good.

As a start I just want to do something simple such as (in pseudo code)

if search_phrase.searchphrase contains "mysoftware" then rating = rating + 1;

if search_phrase.searchphrase contains "crack" then rating = rating - 10;

return rating;

Many thanks

David

Currently my organization is using PE. I am trying to develop a lead scoring system and want to figure out how I can total or count the number of campaigns a lead responds to. We have leads that will responded to more than one campaign but I don't know a way to include this information.

Is it possible to create a formula field that can total # of campaigns responded to in PE? Thanks for any assistance!

Respectfully, 

Jared