• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Can someone help me with this: I have three check boxes and only one should be checked at a time. If the user tries to check off another they'll get an error message. What is the best way to accomplish? Lets say Cbox1 Cbox2 and Cbox3

Thanks!

What is the best way to attach a file from record Contact A to an email and send to Contact B? For example I have the resume of someone and I want to send to my client through SalesForce? 

Thanks!

We have three fields for email addresses. When we send email campaigns or do email sync only the default email address field is used. My users would like to have the option with a click of a button to swap the swap the address in the default email address field with the one from the alternative email address field. What would be the best way to achieve that?

Thank you!

My users would like to be able to use a mailmerge field that is picking up the clean company name - i.e. without Inc, Co., etc... Is there a way to trim symbols after "." or "," or any other better ideas?

Thanks!

My users would like to be able to use a mailmerge field that is picking up the clean company name - i.e. without Inc, Co., etc... Is there a way to trim symbols after "." or "," or any other better ideas?

Thanks!

I am trying to do the following:

Upon checking a box to have a folloup task/evnt to be created for the logged in user. I have two issues: most of the record owners belong to admin personnel (they are those adding accounts to SF) and I can't create an event with the workflow rules.

So I was thinking: is there a way to make the record owner updated/replaced with/by the logged in user when the box for a specific field is checked?

If i want to create an automatic event for let's say 30 day followup when another field is updated (checkbox = true) - what' the best way?

Thank you!!!

I need to mass email standard objects based on fields of their custom objects. For example I have Accounts and a custom object named Profile which is related to the account via lookup field. Each account can have more than one profiles. Each profile has a different status: active, inactive, closed, etc.. I would like to be able to display this status on the account page with the condition "if status = active". So i have to check all child objects for a particular account and bring only those that meet the condition - then populate the field in the account page.

Any guidance on how's best to set this up? New in development ;)

Thanks, guys!

I have setup a custom object invoice and am trying to insert mail merge fields in the visual force page which is called when users click on Print Preview custom button. However when I enter mail merge fields from my custom object I am getting errors that fields do not exist. Here's my code thus far:

the error is: Error: Field $Invoice__c.Invoice_type does not exist. Check spelling.

<apex:page standardController="Invoice__c" standardStylesheets="true" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" tabStyle="Invoice__c">         <table width="110%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> 
   <tr><td><apex:image url="{!$Resource.ceridianLogo}" width="387" height="96" /></td> 
    <td align="right"><a href="javascript&colon;window.print();">Print</a></td></tr> 
    </table>     <apex:outputLabel value="Invoice number" for="InvoiceNumber"/>    <apex:outputText id="InvoiceNumber2" value="{!$Invoice__c.Invoice_Number__c}"/>    <apex:pageBlock title="invoice description">    <b>This is an invoice for <i>{!$User.FirstName}</i>.</b>    

</apex:pageBlock> </apex:page>

Can someone help me with this: I have three check boxes and only one should be checked at a time. If the user tries to check off another they'll get an error message. What is the best way to accomplish? Lets say Cbox1 Cbox2 and Cbox3

Thanks!

What is the best way to attach a file from record Contact A to an email and send to Contact B? For example I have the resume of someone and I want to send to my client through SalesForce? 

Thanks!

We have three fields for email addresses. When we send email campaigns or do email sync only the default email address field is used. My users would like to have the option with a click of a button to swap the swap the address in the default email address field with the one from the alternative email address field. What would be the best way to achieve that?

Thank you!

Hi there,

I was hoping I can get some suggestions as to the best way to track "deals" (or companies that we consider investing in).  Should this be a new object under Account or should I use Opportunities or something else all together?

THank you for your advice,

CZ

• August 20, 2011

I have setup a custom object invoice and am trying to insert mail merge fields in the visual force page which is called when users click on Print Preview custom button. However when I enter mail merge fields from my custom object I am getting errors that fields do not exist. Here's my code thus far:

the error is: Error: Field $Invoice__c.Invoice_type does not exist. Check spelling.

<apex:page standardController="Invoice__c" standardStylesheets="true" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" tabStyle="Invoice__c">         <table width="110%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> 
   <tr><td><apex:image url="{!$Resource.ceridianLogo}" width="387" height="96" /></td> 
    <td align="right"><a href="javascript&colon;window.print();">Print</a></td></tr> 
    </table>     <apex:outputLabel value="Invoice number" for="InvoiceNumber"/>    <apex:outputText id="InvoiceNumber2" value="{!$Invoice__c.Invoice_Number__c}"/>    <apex:pageBlock title="invoice description">    <b>This is an invoice for <i>{!$User.FirstName}</i>.</b>    

</apex:pageBlock> </apex:page>