• salesforce.com

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
I used to have a small trick of deduping records. (This is not salesforce.com duplicate management as you cannot used it with two lookups)
  • create a Text  unique field 
  • Update the unique field using workflow by concatenating the ID's of 2 look up fields.
  • Hide this field on the page layout
  • This would give an error if I used a same relationship twice.
  • This worked fine using workflow.
  • When I created a same workflow using Process builder I could not get the below dupe error.
  • I would like to understand the difference between field updates of workflows and process builder
  • one thing i checked is that process builder returned 15 digit Id while workflow returned 18 digit id.
thanks in advance.
Amitabh
dupe check error

The Same error using Process Builder comes on my Email as:

UPDATE --- UPDATE FAILED --- ERRORS : (DUPLICATE_VALUE) duplicate value found: PriceBook_Entry_Unique__c duplicates value on record with id: a0728000001mXRM, 

Couldn’t create new Force.com project in Eclipse.Eclipse version is 3.3 .Does any one know the steps to create a force.com project in eclipse?
I am new to Salesforce1 development so kindly excuse if the query seems trivial. I have a requirement to build a 2 page registration app for our sales team which they would be using on there IPADS. The first page will take event details and 2nd page will take details of people registring. This data will be saved in Salesforce custom object which would trigger lead creation. Also the app should not require the Sales team to login. 

Is it possible to build such apps using Lightning1? If not can someone point me to correct direction.

Thanks,
Vandana
Hi,
I used to have a small trick of deduping records. (This is not salesforce.com duplicate management as you cannot used it with two lookups)
  • create a Text  unique field 
  • Update the unique field using workflow by concatenating the ID's of 2 look up fields.
  • Hide this field on the page layout
  • This would give an error if I used a same relationship twice.
  • This worked fine using workflow.
  • When I created a same workflow using Process builder I could not get the below dupe error.
  • I would like to understand the difference between field updates of workflows and process builder
  • one thing i checked is that process builder returned 15 digit Id while workflow returned 18 digit id.
thanks in advance.
Amitabh
dupe check error

The Same error using Process Builder comes on my Email as:

UPDATE --- UPDATE FAILED --- ERRORS : (DUPLICATE_VALUE) duplicate value found: PriceBook_Entry_Unique__c duplicates value on record with id: a0728000001mXRM, 

Hi,

I would like to hit an extenal REST API and fetch some data using Ajax in th controller bound to my aura:component. Is this possible? I can't seem to find any reference to this.

Thanks
How no include JQuery in a lighgtning app
<aura:clientLibrary url="http://jquery.org/latest/jquery.js" type="JS" />
gives error when I try to save it.
Couldn’t create new Force.com project in Eclipse.Eclipse version is 3.3 .Does any one know the steps to create a force.com project in eclipse?
I am new to Salesforce1 development so kindly excuse if the query seems trivial. I have a requirement to build a 2 page registration app for our sales team which they would be using on there IPADS. The first page will take event details and 2nd page will take details of people registring. This data will be saved in Salesforce custom object which would trigger lead creation. Also the app should not require the Sales team to login. 

Is it possible to build such apps using Lightning1? If not can someone point me to correct direction.

Thanks,
Vandana
Hi All,

I am relatively new to salesforce and am still learning the ropes, hence pardon me for any stupid question. My assignment now is to build something in lightning and run it in mobile.

My questions are:

is it possible to develop a lighting component [i assume the snd result is html5 and js] and wrap it around a mobile app. [say android java !]
what would be my approach to start with a simple app and then extend it further ?

thanks and regards
jagat
Hello All,
            I'm using developer org and I want to develop an lightning app.I just have a option of "Lightning component" so that I wanna know that do I need "Lightning app builder " Is yes thn how can I enable that option?
  • January 15, 2015
Is lightning components available on Sandbox of Enterpirse Org? or it's just Developer Edition for now?