• Salesforce Admin/Business Analyst
  • Delphi

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to add an External Data Source of type Salesforce Connect: OData 2.0 as described in the Set up Salesforce Connect Unit 2, however, I do not have that option in the Type drowndown.  I'm in my Developer edition of Salesforce and currently using Classic.  Please help.
Within the Salesforce Connect Badge, in the "Set up Salesforce Connect" unit, I am trying to install the Lightning Connect so that I can install a test package for my test.

When I click the "click here" it takes me to a Salesforce login page.  Here I put in my developer edition username and password.  However, it doesn't work, says I need to enter the correct username and/or password.  I verified that I am entering the correct info. I even tried changing my password and logging in with no luck.

I tried logging in with my production credentials and it worked but I don't want to use my production environment to do my trailhead testing.

Can someone please help!  What am I doing wrong? 
I'm in the "Salesforce Connect" module and trying to complete the set up to integrate a sample as requested:

"As part of this module, you integrate sample order data with the existing account data in your Salesforce Developer Edition. To go through the steps, you need to install a test package that configures the necessary schema on the account object, creates a Customer ID field, and assigns a value for Customer ID to each account.

Follow these steps to install the package.
Open a browser, and click here to start the installation.
Select Install for Admins Only.
Click Install."

When I click on the "click here" it takes me to a SFDC log in page, where I try to select my Dev Org login in username and password (from my production enviro).  It does not work and even after trying to reset my password I never receive an email and cannot log in.

Please help! 
Thanks,
Rochelle
I'm in the "Salesforce Connect" module and trying to complete the set up to integrate a sample as requested:

"As part of this module, you integrate sample order data with the existing account data in your Salesforce Developer Edition. To go through the steps, you need to install a test package that configures the necessary schema on the account object, creates a Customer ID field, and assigns a value for Customer ID to each account.

Follow these steps to install the package.
Open a browser, and click here to start the installation.
Select Install for Admins Only.
Click Install."

When I click on the "click here" it takes me to a SFDC log in page, where I try to select my Dev Org login in username and password (from my production enviro).  It does not work and even after trying to reset my password I never receive an email and cannot log in.

Please help! 
Thanks,
Rochelle
Hi, I'm trying to add an External Data Source of type Lightning Connect: OData 2.0 as described near the end of this article [1] but when I am on the New External Data Source [2] page, the only type in the dropdown is Simple URL.  I've checked Enable Lightning Components in the Develop | Lightning Components (Beta) menu.

Is there anything else I need to do to be able to select "Lightning Connect: OData 2.0" in the Type dropdown?  Thanks!

[1] https://developer.salesforce.com/blogs/developer-relations/2015/03/accessing-sql-server-azure-database-lightning-connect.html?eid=singlesend
[2] https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=platform_connect_add_external_data_source.htm&language=en_US