• 5 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
As per my understating Salesforce doesn't support any such base component which will create a picklist with search head.
Is there a way to call one method from other method without helper in lightning component JS controller.
As per my understating Salesforce doesn't support any such base component which will create a picklist with search head.
Is there a way to call one method from other method without helper in lightning component JS controller.
1. I have used Salesforce Napili template to create a new Community. 
2. I have created a new page in this template where I am exposing a new Lightning Component I created. 
3. The lightning component accepts email and phone as two attributes. 
4. These attributes should be passed to the lightning component embedded in the community as URL parameters. I am not able to do this today. 

I would like to pass pass parameters to the lightning component inside community using URL parameter like: 
http://<<communityURL>>/<<communityName>>?&email=rama@test.org&phone=999-999-9999 

The email and phone parameters from the community URL should be passed to the component included in the community. 

I know a way of doing this through lightning applications. I have seen this link: 
http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/106543/lightning-app-getting-url-parameter 

But, my usecase is different. I don't have a lightning application. I only have a lightning component embedded in a Salesforce Lightning Community.

Please suggest, if this can be done.
Normally when creating Javascript methods in Visualforce they exist in the same scope, e.g. you can call one method from another with parameters. Just as the two functions findNext() and findPrev() calls findAndFocus() here:
function findPrev() {
    search_index--;
    findAndFocus(text, search_index);
}

function findNext() {
    search_index++;
    findAndFocus(text, search_index);
}

function findAndFocus(str, stop_at) {
    // Do something
}
But when using Lightning how do you call one method from another?
({
    findPrev : function (component, event, helper) {
        search_index--;
        findAndFocus(text, search_index); // What to write here?
    },

findNext : function (component, event, helper) {
        search_index++;
        findAndFocus(text, search_index); // What to write here?
    },

findAndFocus : function(text, stop_at) {
        // Do something
    }
})
What is the best practice? Is it to move all methods for reuse into the helper client side Javascript file?
What if the helper file methods need to call other methods within the same helper Javascript file?

Any thoughts or ideas?

I'm trying to implement a public knowledge base that can be accessed via our web site. I followed the instructions in the Creating a Public Knowledge Base with SFDC Knowledge implementation guide. I created a Force.com site making sure to adhere to the notes about what not to configure prior to installing the PKB 2 app from the AppExchange. The next step in the implementation guide is to configure the PKB Site Set-up Object, however this object is not showing up. The only PKB object options I see are PKB 2 Settings, PKB Article deflection and PKB Featured. I can't go any farther with this set-up until I can access and configure the PKB Site Setup Object. What am I doing wrong here?

Also, I want to be sure that although PKB will be set-up as a Force.com site, I will still be able to embed it in our existing web site which is not built on Force.com Sites.

We bit the bullet and are using Salesforce Knowledge with the "Sample Public Knowledge Base for Salesforce Knowledge" (https://sites.secure.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000001gFH9EAM).

So far, with a little Visualforce tweaking, it looks like we'll be able to get some GREAT control on segmented Public Knowledge Bases that run on a Force.com Site. And, unlike the sold-school Self Service Portals…there's no passwords. Woohoo!

However, there seems to be an issue with the PKB Site Setup Sample that we can't get past. It seems that even though only one Root Data Category is supported in PKB Site Setup, if an Article uses ANY other Category within another Category Group, it will not display in the Public Knowledge Base.

Does anyone have any wisdom on how can we work around this?

David

P.S. Any new Developer Accounts have Salesforce Knowledge already active. You have to open a Case to request it be activated for any other Developer Accounts.