• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to get the ProfileId for the current user using getUserInfo but it always returns null.  What would cause this to happen?

Thanks,
 --Sarah Andrews
  • April 03, 2007
Hello,

We have an AppExchange application that makes extensive use of the partner API.  We have a customer who wants to test the application in their sandbox.  As it is now, this does not work as we are using the www.salesforce.com url.  Is it possible to programmatically detect whether a user is in a sandbox?

Thanks,
 --Sarah Andrews
  • March 29, 2007
Hello,

We are in the process of testing an app for the AppExchange.  Our app includes the Accounts tab from Salesforce.com.  When we try to Uninstall the app, there is a big warning about *all* associated data being immediately destroyed.  Does this apply to standard Salesforce.com data?  It won't really delete all the Accounts will it?

Thanks,
 --Sarah
  • March 08, 2007
I am having trouble access the User object when I use the SessionId and Url to create a SforceService object.  If I hard code the username and password to create the SforceService, it works fine.  Here is the code:

*************** Works ***************
binding = new SforceService();
sforcep.LoginResult lr = binding.login("sarah@citenet.net", "xxxxxxx");
binding.SessionHeaderValue = new SessionHeader();
binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = lr.sessionId;
binding.Url = lr.serverUrl;
QueryResult qr = binding.query("select UserName, LastName, FirstName, Id from User");
sObject[] users = qr.records;  <-- HAS RECORDS

*************** Does Not Work ***************
APISessionID = Request.QueryString["sid"];
APIUrl = Request.QueryString["url"];
this.binding = PyrotoScheduler.SalesForce.salesforce.GetBinding(this.APISessionID, this.APIUrl);
QueryResult qr = binding.query("select UserName, LastName, FirstName, Id from User");
sObject[] users = qr.records;  <-- EMPTY

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks!
 --Sarah

• January 22, 2007
I am trying to get the ProfileId for the current user using getUserInfo but it always returns null.  What would cause this to happen?

Thanks,
 --Sarah Andrews
  • April 03, 2007
I am having trouble access the User object when I use the SessionId and Url to create a SforceService object.  If I hard code the username and password to create the SforceService, it works fine.  Here is the code:

*************** Works ***************
binding = new SforceService();
sforcep.LoginResult lr = binding.login("sarah@citenet.net", "xxxxxxx");
binding.SessionHeaderValue = new SessionHeader();
binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = lr.sessionId;
binding.Url = lr.serverUrl;
sObject[] users = qr.records;  <-- HAS RECORDS

*************** Does Not Work ***************
APISessionID = Request.QueryString["sid"];
APIUrl = Request.QueryString["url"];
this.binding = PyrotoScheduler.SalesForce.salesforce.GetBinding(this.APISessionID, this.APIUrl);
sObject[] users = qr.records;  <-- EMPTY

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks!
 --Sarah

• January 22, 2007
When will the AJAX toolkit move out of beta status. What is keeping it in a beta status?

Good Day!

I am using partner 5 and a dev account.

I have 2 custom fields in USERS and I want to make this read only

does anybody know a way as to how can I do this? in other objects there's a "View Field Accessibility" this does not exist in User Fields

Thanks in advance