• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am attempting to extract the hours from a custom time/date field so that if the formula returns true then the priority custom field will change values. 

Let me explain more in detail what I am doing...a lead has a preferred contact time.  If the lead preferred contact time equals NOW plus 2 hours, then the lead becomes High (Red Flag) priority.  When the lead preferred contact time has expired, then the lead priority returns to normal (in our case...a Yellow Flag).

I have looked at formulas to extract the GMT from a date/time field, but am running into problems writing the formula with no syntax errors.

I already have a "Priority Formula" created to change the priority flag of a lead based on lead status and a 12 hour time period.  I don't know if I need to add to that formula or create a workflow rule based on a new formula with a field update.

The current Priority Formula (which is working) is:
IMAGE(
CASE( Status,
"Open", IF(NOW() - CreatedDate < 0.5, "/img/samples/flag_green.gif","/img/samples/flag_red.gif"),
"Message 1", "/img/samples/flag_yellow.gif",
"Message 2", "/img/samples/flag_yellow.gif",
"Message 3","/img/samples/flag_yellow.gif",
"Message 4","/img/samples/flag_yellow.gif",
"Message 5","/img/samples/flag_red.gif",
"Contacted","/img/samples/flag_yellow.gif",
"/s.gif"),
"priority flag")

Any help would be appreciated.
Hello All,
I have created an S-Control to give me the Date/Time of the Next Contact Attempt for a Lead and based on the Lead Creation Date have created another S-Control to Color Code the Leads according to Priority.  What I would like to do is to place the "Next Contact Attempt" S-Control (which is an Inline SControl) on the Main Lead Tab. 

I think that to accomplish this, I would have to call the S-Control from a Field, since I can only add fields to be displayed in the Views and Recent Leads on the Lead Tab.

How would I do this?

Thanks in Advance,

Danny
Hello,
I am attempting to do the following (and don't even know if it's possible)....any suggestions would be helpful :smileyhappy:

I have created a custom field within Leads called "Next Attempt"  I want this field to display the Due Date/Time of the next task associated with a lead.  The reason for doing this is to put this "Next Attempt" field on the main leads page view so that I can see at a glance the Lead Name, Phone Number, Other Ancillary Information that I've chosen, and the next action/time that I am to take with a lead. 

I know I can use my task list on the Home Page view to see this....but I would like it to be displayed (just the one field...lol) on my Leads "Home" Page as well.

Any thoughts?

Danny
I am attempting to create a formula for a custom object to identify whether a sales rep is meeting his/her quarterly net sales goals.  This would be calculated by the user id and the total number of opportunities in a unique stage for a 3 month period of time.  Is this even possible? 
I am experiencing display issues with the Print Anything App in IE7. I am getting an "Object Required" error when the page attempts to load.  It loads fine in IE6 and Firefox (so I know it is not my use of the driver).  Is there a work-around for this besides reverting back to IE6 or using Firefox?

Hi,
I am a programming "ignoramus"....a business user that knows enough to be dangerous...lol.  We have no need for the Company field to be required in "Leads"  The suggestion we got from Tech Support was to create a custom S-Control to autopopulate the "Company" Field with the Lead's First and Last Name.  That would be great....if I knew how to write the s-control.

HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!
I am attempting to extract the hours from a custom time/date field so that if the formula returns true then the priority custom field will change values. 

Let me explain more in detail what I am doing...a lead has a preferred contact time.  If the lead preferred contact time equals NOW plus 2 hours, then the lead becomes High (Red Flag) priority.  When the lead preferred contact time has expired, then the lead priority returns to normal (in our case...a Yellow Flag).

I have looked at formulas to extract the GMT from a date/time field, but am running into problems writing the formula with no syntax errors.

I already have a "Priority Formula" created to change the priority flag of a lead based on lead status and a 12 hour time period.  I don't know if I need to add to that formula or create a workflow rule based on a new formula with a field update.

The current Priority Formula (which is working) is:
IMAGE(
CASE( Status,
"Open", IF(NOW() - CreatedDate < 0.5, "/img/samples/flag_green.gif","/img/samples/flag_red.gif"),
"Message 1", "/img/samples/flag_yellow.gif",
"Message 2", "/img/samples/flag_yellow.gif",
"Message 3","/img/samples/flag_yellow.gif",
"Message 4","/img/samples/flag_yellow.gif",
"Message 5","/img/samples/flag_red.gif",
"Contacted","/img/samples/flag_yellow.gif",
"/s.gif"),
"priority flag")

Any help would be appreciated.
Hello All,
I have created an S-Control to give me the Date/Time of the Next Contact Attempt for a Lead and based on the Lead Creation Date have created another S-Control to Color Code the Leads according to Priority.  What I would like to do is to place the "Next Contact Attempt" S-Control (which is an Inline SControl) on the Main Lead Tab. 

I think that to accomplish this, I would have to call the S-Control from a Field, since I can only add fields to be displayed in the Views and Recent Leads on the Lead Tab.

How would I do this?

Thanks in Advance,

Danny
Hi,

I'm currently using HTML in an S-control to obtain field data from OBJECT A and I'm placing it as a non-editable field in OBJECT B. In order to do this, it is my understanding that you first need to create a Master-detail field relationship between the two objects before you can cross reference information. Please correct me if I'm wrong as this is the reason why I'm confused.

If I wanted to cross reference an additional field from OBJECT C and place the field in OBJECT B, would I need to create another type of relationship? I know you can only create one Master-detail relationship between two objects and if this is the case, am I stuck? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Hi there,

I am using Salesforce Professional-Edition since 2 years and now it's time to customize it for more effectivness. I have millions of questions but in this thread I'd like to know if I could change the color of accounts/leads handled by field values.
Example:
Lead-Status is "contacted" or "qualified" then the lead should not appear in orange but with green background.

"Do not Mail or call this Account" should change the apperance of this account in the color red.

Is this possible with SF?
If yes, how can I manage this?

Best Regards
and thanks for your help...

Patrick Gilles

I am attempting to create a formula for a custom object to identify whether a sales rep is meeting his/her quarterly net sales goals.  This would be calculated by the user id and the total number of opportunities in a unique stage for a 3 month period of time.  Is this even possible? 
I am experiencing display issues with the Print Anything App in IE7. I am getting an "Object Required" error when the page attempts to load.  It loads fine in IE6 and Firefox (so I know it is not my use of the driver).  Is there a work-around for this besides reverting back to IE6 or using Firefox?