• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm relatively new to Salesforce and have very little experience with S-Controls, etc.  I'm considering outsourcing the following and would like to see if it's a quick/simple project or if it's more complex.  I have a work around established, but if it's an inexpensive project, I'd consider outsourcing it.  If you believe this to be a simple project, and of interest, please let me know.

Regards,
Mark
Teradyne Inc.

I am trying to connect the Asset object to a Custom Object  (Software Support Agreement - SSA).  It's a many to many relationship (Asset will have multiple SSA's associated with it and an SSA can have multiple Assets associated with it).  I would like to use the related list functionality on both objects, but the standard functionality only allows you to add new records, it does not allow you to associate existing records.  My initial thought is to explore a custom button (on the related list) that allows the user to append existing records vs. creating new.  Both related lists would need to have this functionality.  I am open to alternative solutions as well that deliver a similar end result.

Message Edited by MDA_Tera on 09-11-200701:33 PM

Heya's,

I'm relatively new to Salesforce and have ZERO experience with S-Controls, etc.  Could use some guidance on if any of the below are possible (and how) or if there are other alternatives.

Thanks in advance,
 - Mark

I'm looking at implementing a few custom objects.  It starts with the Asset that is associated with an Account.  I created a custom object to link Asset with SSA (Software Support Agreement), which is another Custom Object.  Each year a new SSA will be created and associated with at least one, if not multiple Assets.  Asset will also be associated with another custom object Software License Key.  

I am using a related list relationship between Asset & Software License Key (one to many relationship).  I can not do this between Asset & SSA because SSA's may be associated with multiple Assets (many to many relationship) and the Related List functionality does not allow you to associate existing records, it only allows you to create new records.  This goes back to why I am using a separate custom object Asset/SSA Link to connect Asset & SSA through a related list.  Is there a (custom) button that can be created on related lists to append existing records vs. creating new? 

Assuming I need to use the linking custom object (Asset/SSA Link)...  I am also struggling with naming conventions for each of the objects, and how they display on related lists.  Ideally I would like the name of the Asset/SSA Link to be the Asset Name and SSA Name.  I tried setting up a Field Update to set the name for this object (Asset__c & SSA__c), but it's displaying the object ID, not the displayed name (which I'm told is how it works).  I have very few options for fields on the Field Update, none of which appear to be the names.  As the name is a concatentation of two lookup fields, is there a way to display the name rather than the object ID? 

Message Edited by MDA_Tera on 09-11-200707:49 AM

Hello.  I'm fairly new to Salesforce and am struggling with a few things. 

I am trying to automatically populate a field from the Account record on the Opportunity.  Ideally it would be great if this field is updated on the Opportunity should it be changed on the Account, but that is not necessary.  I created a lookup field, but this just gives the search option, it does not auto-populate the details.  My guess is that I need to create an S-Control to accomplish my goal, but I could be wrong.  I've been searching success.salesforce and have reviewed several of the sites & tools on S-Controls, but being a novice to programming, it's not very intuitive (to me).  Is there an easier way to accomplish this?  If not, does anyone else have a similar field reference configuration?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
 - Mark
I'm relatively new to Salesforce and have very little experience with S-Controls, etc.  I'm considering outsourcing the following and would like to see if it's a quick/simple project or if it's more complex.  I have a work around established, but if it's an inexpensive project, I'd consider outsourcing it.  If you believe this to be a simple project, and of interest, please let me know.

Regards,
Mark
Teradyne Inc.

I am trying to connect the Asset object to a Custom Object  (Software Support Agreement - SSA).  It's a many to many relationship (Asset will have multiple SSA's associated with it and an SSA can have multiple Assets associated with it).  I would like to use the related list functionality on both objects, but the standard functionality only allows you to add new records, it does not allow you to associate existing records.  My initial thought is to explore a custom button (on the related list) that allows the user to append existing records vs. creating new.  Both related lists would need to have this functionality.  I am open to alternative solutions as well that deliver a similar end result.

Message Edited by MDA_Tera on 09-11-200701:33 PM

Is it possible to create a field that auto-populates from another customized field? Eg...Under 'Accounts', I created a customized field with a picklist. I'd like to take the info from that field and have it auto-populate under Contacts or Cases.