• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've created 2 custom objects. 1) "Bid Assets", and 2) "Assets". Assets is meant to be a repository for 200+ products we carry and are leased out to our customers. Bid Assets is the object that allows a user to create entries if one of the products is bid for an Opportunity. The Bid Assets object is displayed in the Opportunities page as a Related List, and a user is allowed to enter 1 or more Bid Assets, with their prices along with other custom information.

My question is, I am trying to create a new field on the Opportunity page that accesses the pricing from any Bid Assets that have been attached to the Opportunity, and calculate an amount. However, I don't see a way to access the information within this object from the Opportunity object.

Is there a way to draw the connection between Opportunity & Bid Asset objects so that they can access each other?
I have created a custom object "Suggestions", which includes a Lookup field called "Whose Next Action?" (provides option to select a salesforce user from a list). I've attempted to set up a Workflow Email Alert, such that anytime the "Whose Next Action?" field is updated, the user in that field receives an email. Below is what I've done:

1- Created a Workflow Rule called "Action Assigned" that runs when a "Suggestion" object record has been created or edited, that also evaluates against the following formula: "ISCHANGED ( Whose_Next_Action__c ) = TRUE", where "Whose_Next_Action__c" is the field where a User is selected.

2- If the above evaluates to TRUE, I've attached an Email Alert to the Workflow rule such that the Recipient of the email is "Related User: Whose Next Action?".

During testing, I've not received any notification email, and am looking for suggestions??

Thanks much for the help.

I've created 2 custom objects. 1) "Bid Assets", and 2) "Assets". Assets is meant to be a repository for 200+ products we carry and are leased out to our customers. Bid Assets is the object that allows a user to create entries if one of the products is bid for an Opportunity. The Bid Assets object is displayed in the Opportunities page as a Related List, and a user is allowed to enter 1 or more Bid Assets, with their prices along with other custom information.

My question is, I am trying to create a new field on the Opportunity page that accesses the pricing from any Bid Assets that have been attached to the Opportunity, and calculate an amount. However, I don't see a way to access the information within this object from the Opportunity object.

Is there a way to draw the connection between Opportunity & Bid Asset objects so that they can access each other?