• Web Developer
  • Collaborative for Educational Services

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Something happened in an update in the last couple days. Now my Chatter home shows every single field tracking update and record update. I'm the admin and also the one that manages the registration/order connection with our website so my name is associated to most new record notifications. However these were contained within their own record before, yet now I can't read any of my companies posts and other member posts because mine record updates are the only ones that show. 

This was fine last week. 

Chatter home page filled with unnecessary updates
Some background info:
  • Using instructions here: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.eclipse.meta/eclipse/ide_install.htm
  • Java SDK version 9, tried with 8
  • Eclipse Mars 2 Release 4.5.2
  • Mac Sierra
It took a long time just to get Eclipse to open.. kept crashing after selecting a workspace. I tried Neon 3 and it would never work, so Mars 2 was the next best option. 

I go through the installation steps and use the repo for eclipse45, also tried eclipse42, and I select the main Force.com IDE option and the installation runs through fine and I restart. After restarting, the Force.com option appears in the Perpective list if I choose "Other" but it doesn't apply. 

Clicking New > Project > Java/Other Project and choosing Force.com gives a ton of errors. Most common one is:

The selected wizard could not be started.
Plug-in com.salesforce.ide.ui was unable to load class com.salesforce.ide.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateWizard.
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.salesforce.ide.ui (562).

I've tried using the -clean arg to open a fresh eclipse, no change. I've also tried going to the plugins folder to see if I could delete the com.salesforce plugin but there are none! So clearly that is the issue but I don't see how to fix it. 

I've included a screenshot of the error log. Clearly no Force.com things can be read, and are unavailable. I've tried running an update, doesn't change anything.

Screenshot of the error log shown in eclipse

Right now if you click the "Select Products to Reduce" button on Reduction Orders it loads a Lightning page layout that contains a list of all the Products in the Original Order. 

Screenshot of a Product List for Reduction Orders

This list becomes a pain when you have similiarily name Products or if, in our case, what makes a Product unique is the content in a few other fields such as "Attendee" and "Registration" lookup fields. 

I have been tasked with adding these fields to this list but I can't find a way to change this layout. Reduction Orders are not a typical or custom object, and the only page layout options are for regular Orders and Order Products, which have no effect on Reduction Order Products. 

I've looked through all the VF pages, components, Apex Class/Triggers, and Lightning components but I don't see anything related to this page. 

If I use the Chrome element inspector I can see it referencing:

OrderItemMultiLineEdit - which I have looked at and it doesn't seem or it's being overwritten so changes have no effect

/ui/orderitem/ReductionOrderItemEditPage/e - Which is what I need but don't know where this is

Any help appreciated. 

I am new to Visualforce Pages and Apex Classes but I am trying to create a VF page of Registrations related to a Contact ID in the URL that has 1 editable field the the user can alter. After entering a value they click Save and I am trying to make it update the records but it just refreshes the page with the field empty. 

Here is my code

VF Page
<apex:page standardController="Registrant__c" recordSetVar="unused" sidebar="false" extensions="contactRegistrationList">

<apex:includeScript value="{!$Resource.UtilJS}" />
<apex:form >
  <apex:pageBlock >
    <apex:pageMessages />
    <apex:pageBlock >
      Note: All modifications made on the page will be lost if Return button is clicked without clicking the Save button first. 
    </apex:pageBlock>
    <apex:pageBlockButtons >
      <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!saveList}"/>
      <apex:commandButton value="Return" action="{!cancel}"/>
    </apex:pageBlockButtons>
    <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Records}" var="a" id="table">
      <apex:column headerValue="Id" value="{!a.name}"/>
      <apex:column headerValue="Contact" value="{!a.Contact__c}"/>
      <apex:column headerValue="Event" value="{!a.Associated_Event__c}"/>
      <apex:column headerValue="Section" value="{!a.Section_del__c}"/>
      <apex:column headerValue="Grade" value="{!a.Grade__c}"/>
      <apex:column headerValue="Enter amount to credit">
         <apex:inputField value="{!a.Licensure_Credit__c}"/>
      </apex:column>
    </apex:pageBlockTable>
  </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>
And the Apex Class
public class contactRegistrationList { 
    public Registrant__c Registrant {get;set;}     

public contactRegistrationList(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
        //Needed to stop a constructor error
    }

public List<Registrant__c> Records
    {

get
        {
            try
            {
                Records = new List<Registrant__c>();
                Records = [SELECT id,name,Contact__c,Associated_Event__c,Grade__c,Section_del__c,Licensure_Credit__c FROM Registrant__c WHERE Contact__c = :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('contactid')]; 
            } 
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                  Records = null;
            }
            return Records;
        }
        private set;

}

public contactRegistrationList(ApexPages.StandardSetController controller){
        controller.AddFields(new List<String>{'Contact__c'});
        Registrant = (Registrant__c) controller.getRecord();     
        System.debug('***** ' + Registrant );
    }
    public PageReference saveList(){
        update Records;
        return null;
    }
}

Something happened in an update in the last couple days. Now my Chatter home shows every single field tracking update and record update. I'm the admin and also the one that manages the registration/order connection with our website so my name is associated to most new record notifications. However these were contained within their own record before, yet now I can't read any of my companies posts and other member posts because mine record updates are the only ones that show. 

This was fine last week. 

Chatter home page filled with unnecessary updates
Some background info:
  • Using instructions here: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.eclipse.meta/eclipse/ide_install.htm
  • Java SDK version 9, tried with 8
  • Eclipse Mars 2 Release 4.5.2
  • Mac Sierra
It took a long time just to get Eclipse to open.. kept crashing after selecting a workspace. I tried Neon 3 and it would never work, so Mars 2 was the next best option. 

I go through the installation steps and use the repo for eclipse45, also tried eclipse42, and I select the main Force.com IDE option and the installation runs through fine and I restart. After restarting, the Force.com option appears in the Perpective list if I choose "Other" but it doesn't apply. 

Clicking New > Project > Java/Other Project and choosing Force.com gives a ton of errors. Most common one is:

The selected wizard could not be started.
Plug-in com.salesforce.ide.ui was unable to load class com.salesforce.ide.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateWizard.
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.salesforce.ide.ui (562).

I've tried using the -clean arg to open a fresh eclipse, no change. I've also tried going to the plugins folder to see if I could delete the com.salesforce plugin but there are none! So clearly that is the issue but I don't see how to fix it. 

I've included a screenshot of the error log. Clearly no Force.com things can be read, and are unavailable. I've tried running an update, doesn't change anything.

Screenshot of the error log shown in eclipse
Hi all,

I have requirement as given below:
I need two way integration between Saleforce and Zendesk with following feature:
  • Ability to create a Knowledge Base that can be accessed via the customer portal and is searchable
  • Ability to hide & show Knowledge Base
  • Ability to categorize Knowledge Base Articles based on the customer
  • Ability to create Knowledge Base Articles from tickets
  • Ability to restrict users from assigning specific statuses
  • Ability to export tickets into CSV or Excel format
  • Ability to add additional users to a ticket update
  • Ability to create multiple incoming email addresses that will create tickets
  • Ability to setup a role hierarchy for internal users that will be used for ticket access & availability & system updates
  • Ability for customers to reset their password without intervention

I know there is app available in app exchange 'zendesk for salesforce' but app is not capable to fulfill my requirement.
Please suggest some ideas.

Thanks in advanced for your time,
Amit Trivedi